Happy New Year - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 3:26 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Happy New Year

If there's anyone alive out there, Happy New Year fellas, and ride safe in 07.
Now I've got to go and shovel the veranda clean from last nights party!
Best wishes from very wet and green Nth QLD. (I'm being posted to Canberra in 2 weeks, not looking forward to that!)

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 5:00 pm
Veteran

New Year

Same to you !!!! Happy New Year to you two (still two not three?)

At least you are going to have some decent roads to ride on. But watch out for three things up there. Ice in winter.....The largest bloody kangaroos you will ever see>>>>The meanest cops (Monaro is well policed)

BM club there is alive and well
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 5:05 pm
Addict-oholic

Happy New Year to all of you down under on the other side of the International date line or whatever.
We are just getting to celebrate New Years in 6 more hours.

We are on the NorthEast coast of the USA 25 miles from Times Square in the Big Apple. Just finished a 50 mile ride in sunny, temps of 42 degrees F, and getting ready to celebrate at home with several friends, dinner, good champagne, watch the ball drop and beddy bye. Tomorrow will be a good riding day if it does not rain.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Dec 31st, 2006, 8:39 pm Thread Starter
Addict

Thumbs up

Good on you Larry, you too mate. Don't worry, having New Year before the rest of the world just meant that I woke up with a headache before you did! Hope you have a good one.(Night, not headache!)

G'day Pap.
Yep, just the 2 of us.
Unfortunately, Sharlene will be staying behind due to us loving our home in Balgal Beach, her Police life being non transferable etc.
I'll be going unaccompanied, but the system should look after me re accommodation and 6 flights home per year. I have to start on 22 Jan, but haven't been able to organise accomodation yet due to Christmas etc. That sucks, as secure lock up accomodation for the car, GT, and 47 Indian is a problem.
I know that every time I go to Canberra, I have yet to see a more heavily policed road system. Probably just as well, as there is it's fair share of dickheads.
The main reason I got the GT over the S was the cruise control. So I'll have to be really anal using it in the ACT, as they will get ya!
I am looking forward to some more interesting roads than the highway though.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 2007, 3:23 am
Looking for better limits...

Well...
Happy New Year from the left coast of the continental U.S. Should be the tail end, as I don't know of anyone else on the board further west before the dateline.
Somehow, the whole world made it to the next year...amazing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 5:12 pm
Tuk
Enthusiast

Hey Ken, Happy New Year to you.

Good luck with the move but boy, what a change of pace that will be.

I've been a bit quiet around the forum of late, one because I'd sold me K12ooRS and was bikeless and now because I bought a new bike, but not a beemer.

For the time being, I just couldn't justify the expense of the K1200S, which is what I'd like and the 2007 models were still some months away so 3 weeks ago, I bought a 2007 Triumph Sprint ST. It's not a BM but it's pretty good.

I got a red one, 'cause everyone keeps telling me it's the fastest colour.

Cheers and I'll give you a holler if I'm down that way.

Clinton
Coffs Harbour, Australia
2007 Triumph Sprint ST (I still like BM's)
[previous: 2003 K1200RS
Alpine White/Orient Blue]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2007, 5:30 am Thread Starter
Addict

Unhappy

Good on you Clint.
The Trumpy is a lovely machine, and if I wasn't a BM tragic at present, it would be high on my list of machines. A good mate of mine just traded his 2002 Triumph for a new 06 T100 (?). Black and while pin stipe tank. Beautiful.Triumph really has got its act together.
Yep, Canberra will be a hugh change. Sharlene and I sat outside, on our 15 acres this arvo, 30 roos in the front paddock, 4 chooks at my feet and our two wallabies (she's a wild life carer) hopping about around us. Not a noise to be heard.
Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Best wishes Clinton mate, and if we get the chance, I'll take you up on that run.

Ken.

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:52 am
bjn

Ken - can't believe you're moving to Canberra 2 weeks after I leave! We could have gone for quite a few GT rides. Check out the ACT BMW club. They're pretty active and do breakfast evert Sunday and monthy rides. Are you going on the BMW Safari in late Mar? Now that you will be in Canberra it will be easy to get to. I'll be back in the area for it. I'll also be interested to hear how your version 8 software goes.

Clinton - it was good to catch up out the back of Coffs. A great day ride back through Dorrigo and your red ST looks pretty good (its still not a BMW though!!!!!).

I've now done nearly 5500 kms on the GT and loved every one of them.

Happy holidays!

Ben

2007 GT - Graphite
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2007, 9:41 pm
Tuk
Enthusiast

Hey Ben, good to catch up with you and David too.

Had a nice ride back into Coffs and Greg, my brother whom you met, took out the demo ST for a run earlier this week so we had a chance to ride together. Some pretty nice roads around here to "play" on.

You bike looks great mate and would be fantastic for those long runs. Hope to catch up with you and maybe Ken if I head down Canberra way in late March.

Cheers and see you next time you visit Coffs!

Clinton
Coffs Harbour, Australia
2007 Triumph Sprint ST (I still like BM's)
[previous: 2003 K1200RS
Alpine White/Orient Blue]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode