Servicing Costs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 12:45 pm Thread Starter
Just saying hey

Unhappy Servicing Costs

Hi Guys

can i get a little feed back on your personal servicing costs from your dealers around the UK.

I feel like im getting the short end of a sticky one....

Have you been required to have a yearly inspection/service if you do less than 12k a year ?

- in all you can spend the best part of 700 a year in servicing .....

- comments appreciated

regards
Toni

If it Ain't Broken Dont Fix it - K1200RS rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 2005, 1:49 pm

Toni,

Major service on my K100RS SE set me back 242 a few years ago... so I subsequently carried out the servicing myself with a local (non-BMW) motorcycle garage carrying out tyre supply & changes and some mechanical work when I did not have the time... at very reasonable costs.

So far my K1200S has had its run in service and that was free bar the cost of 4 litres of Mobil 1 (bloody expensive stuff that is). I have just been in touch with another forum member who intimated our local BMW Dealer charged him around 100 for his K1200S' 6,000 miles service... I need one of these in 800 miles time. Our local dealer is John Clark in Dundee. Nice folk to deal with, from sales to service (no plug intended).

I do not know what the larger (2yrs) service will work out at.. radiator off, valve settings... new antifreeze... new brake fluid etc. etc.

Rennie

K1200S - Indigo Blue
HomePages
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2005, 4:31 am
just saying hey

I have had my K1200RS for past 12k miles and always done own servicing ( get hold of manual on CD - Sherlock's very good for parts delivery http://www.devonbmw.co.uk/newparts.asp ) - until came up to 36k service when felt should get looked at by professionals - dealers in Birmingham charged me best part of 300, but bike did feel a lot better and sorted out a few minor problems. Was going to say has not cost me anything else but running costs but now oil is leaking on to clutch and been quoted 800 to fix - shall be starting to strip her down this weekend!

PM me if you need a hand sourcing a manual.

Last edited by rlmr; Nov 15th, 2005 at 7:46 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode