BMW days 2007 in Garmisch-Paterkirchen - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 2007, 8:17 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

BMW days 2007 in Garmisch-Paterkirchen

Anybody is going to be there this year?
We will arrive on the 6th of July and will depart on the 8th(or the 9th - depending on weather). Blue KGT with Sargent pilot's saddle, Remus Ti can and RUS reg plates. :-))
Schuberth C2 as well.

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'07 F800ST Blue - wife's(sold)
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2007, 10:41 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

Talking

All right guys! In less than 12 hours I am off for two-week Garmisch'07 trip :-))

Hope the weather is merciful on us - touch wood :-)))

Will do some nice roads in Austria around Linz, then some passes in the Italian Dolomite around Arabba, then Garmisch(TWO NIGHTS OF FUN and two days of farkling), then Black Forest in Germany and some nice roads in Vosges, France and ,finally, Rhein valley in Germany from Wiesbaden to Koblenz and Mosel valley near Koblenz. This time two-up as my better half has not yet recovered after her arm fracture and is unable to ride her bike solo. This is a pity as riding two bikes is much more fun. But...better something than nothing:-))

Will keep you informed and will be relaxing and beer-ing for you in BMW days:-))

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2007, 12:01 pm
Addict

Have a great trip comrade (if that word is still used). Two years ago I was in Austria and drove ( ) not rode, up the Grossglockner to the Glacier. Unbelievable mountain road for a ride and the view from the top was the best. You can even walk onto the glacier.

Marin Phil
2013 K13S-Anniv ED
'06 K12GT Blue of course!_Sold-too many problems
'05 Ducati 999-My Italian Mistress_sold and missed
2004 K12 GT-Orient Blue-the new me.-Sold
about 30 before that but too old to remember them all..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 2007, 9:38 am Thread Starter
I'm riding

herebelow my impressions briefly: BMW Motorrad days was fun!
We arrived from Italy, parked the bike, took shower and went to the main site. A lot of bikes, bikers, beer, tents of vendors, music etc. BTW, music - we just entered the site and from one of the tents with speakers and 2 guys playing djs started another song, started with the words "FUCK YOU ALL"(repeated two times). "Well, interesting beginning," - that was my thought :-))
The main impression - very friendly atmosphere, ambiance! People came for a relaxed and easy week-end. And they got it! no fuss, no crowds, no tension, no need to stay all the time on the site - there were trips, excurcions, para-gliding, lift to top of the mountain, test-rides of the bikes and much more . The only weak point, IMO, was the souvenirs shop - everybody wanted to buy a t-short, a cap and so on. Had to queue and ,of course, there were several smart guys who wanted to save their time.
I saw only two policemen(one of them was policewoman though). And organisation was awesome!
Had Baehr Verso XL along with Capo3U installed and bought one Capo3 for my wifes FST. Intercom is really nice thing for long trips - now can not imagine how to deal without it.
Spent three nights in Garmisch and admired the place, the event and the people.
Thank you, BMW!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04606.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	5654  

Take care!

'06 K1200GT Blue (sold)
'09 F800GS Grey
'09 F650GS Blue - wife's
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 2009, 4:59 pm
Veteran

I can smell the bratwurst and taste the beer....DAMN!..if only I had my own boat..Nothin like a German party!!!!....HAVE A BLAST!!...Sorry so late on the "well wishes"...better late than never.... This thread was getting a little dusty so I thought I would blow some of that off for you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode