Looking for late model BMW mechanic in GTA - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 1:03 am Thread Starter
Noob

Looking for late model BMW mechanic in GTA

Anyone know of a good late model K1200GT mechanic in the Toronto area? Tired of paying BMW dealer prices for regular maintenence.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 2010, 11:25 pm
Enthusiast

mechanic

Bulletproof:

Send me an e-mail and I can enlighten you.

Dave
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 2:32 pm
Noob

GTA Mechanic

For routine things I've had good luck with CycleWerx on Bloor at Keele. I have a K1200RS.

Cheers - Slam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2013, 12:00 pm
Noob

Independant BMW Tech. in GTA

Hi,
I am new to the k-bike forum. I purchased a 2008 K1200GT last fall with approx. 16000 miles(US Bike).
Just came back from a 6 day trip down to North Carolina where a group of co-workers and I road a bunch of great roads in and around the "Tail of the Dragon" Of the seven of us that went down, I was the only one to ride there and back. That is a testament for the bike more than for myself. The rest of the guys trailered their bikes down. I love the bike, it performed flawlessly.

That being said, I am hoping to do most of the (simple) maintenance myself. Does anyone know of a good independent BMW tech if I need one. I have been to the Oakville dealer and while they are very friendly, I am not their usual customer were money doesn't seem to be an issue.

I am near Hamilton.

I was also looking at a GS-911 tool for resetting the service intervals. Does anyone know a good place to get one. Are the China knockoffs OK or should a splurge for the real deal?

Thanks in advance,

J
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2013, 5:30 pm
Enthusiast

maintenance

Hi jray,

Bought my K12RS at Budd's. John Parker and Co. in service there are the best, but I can't say I'd buy a new or used bike there again.

I have the brakes flushed there, and if I have any other issues, I will usually consult John before digging into things on my own.

There is another independent BMW service guy near us FKN(??); scary acronym.
Have not looked him up recently, and can't speak to his quality of work.

Drop me a PM and we can discuss further.

Shame on those pussies that trailered their bikes down there. That's hilarious.
Do they own American made motorcycles by any chance ?!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 2013, 7:54 am
Veteran

DO NOT buy the chinee knockoff GS911s. They may work for a while with the supplied software. Not so when you try to update, you won't be able to connect the knockoff to Hexcode and get the free updates.

If it comes with a disk, that's a knockoff. They just pirate the free software from Hexcode.

I played dumb with one of them sellers on fleabay.....as in ask dumb questions, had a good laugh at the answers.

Benelli 50cc at 14
Yamaha RD 200 at 16
Yamaha RD 350 at 17
Honda CB 750 F at 18
Honda V45 Sabre at 24
BMW K100RS at 27
BMW R100GS at 34
BMW K1200RS at 53
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2013, 1:33 pm
Noob

Thanks for the info. I will be in touch soon. There were three "American" bikes, two bikes from Japan and one Italian. On one of the days down there we road from 10:00 till almost 1:30 am, long story. The temperature varied from 82 to 48 degrees. They all froze. I didn't have the nerve to tell them I had to keep toggling from 50% heat to 100% heat on my bars and seat because my hands and balls were burning. Just a warm smile of contentment on my face all day long.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old May 17th, 2016, 9:44 pm
Rookie

Smile Bmw Mechanic At Flying Squirrel Toronto

I just had some work done there and the price was reasonable and the bike has never felt so good with the 80 0000 kilometers on it. Talk to the master mechanic Dave who is knowledgeable in Ducati and BMW. They are located on Carlaw just off the southern end of the Don Valley. http://www.fsmotorcycle.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in