A couple "bugs" I've noticed - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:06 am Thread Starter

A couple "bugs" I've noticed

1) When you click on the image of the "R-Bike" it does not link to the forum

2) When you click on the wrench, expecting to go to "Technical, Repair & Maintenance" you instead arrive at "Anonymous Installers"

3) If I use the "img" tags to an image somewhere on the internet, it seems to show up just fine, like this (That's Linda Ronstadt on the right(!))

But, if I add an attachment (also Linda Ronstadt) and link to that with "img" tags, I just get the link, not the image:

Am I doing something wrong here?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LindaRonstadt.jpg (28.6 KB, 71 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:43 am
Throttle Jockey

In reference to your third question, I had the same problem. The picture of Linda you attached is actually a web address for the picture. You can't use the image tags to display the picture unless it is an actual picture with a ".jpg, or etc." file extension. I had to save the picture as ".jpg, or etc." and post it to the gallery. Then you can use the image tags to link to the picture in the gallery or on the web somewhere.

Last edited by rickd; Nov 3rd, 2005 at 11:55 am.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:54 am
Statmaster

Thanks Eddie. I fixed the two forum issues. Please let me know if you find any more.

As for the inline pictures, due to security issues with the use of embedded HTML, the use of URLs that are not specific to a file is currently disabled. When disabled, the [IMG] tag will not be displayed if the path to the image contains dynamic characters such as ? and &. This can prevent malicious use of the [IMG] tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 11:33 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick fixes - I'll keep looking for bugs.

I'm glad the "img" issue is not just me.

I'll just live with the thumbnails. It was kind of nice in a long post with lots of images to have them appear in the body of the post.

I understand the work-around of posting to an image-hosting site first. That's what I did for the photo of the 4 handguns. I use my .mac account. For photos that may see recurring use I'll post to "Images"

Thanks.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 11:52 am
Statmaster

If you upload them in the "Gallery", you can use them from there. In fact, the Gallery gives you the exact [IMG] codes to paste into your post.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 11:59 am
Throttle Jockey

Thanks for pointing that out Jeff. Like your new title.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:09 pm
Statmaster

After clearing it with our "Security Guru", I have enabled the inline picture feature. So if you want to give it a try again, Eddie, go for it.

FYI: We do have an option that will automatically resize oversized inline images to 740 pixels wide, so there should be no worries about inline images that are "too big"
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2005, 2:53 pm
Unregistered

Eddie,

It's Destroyer writing....not sure if I'm still registered or not from the old site. Tried to register and my new (work) spam filter will not allow an email through with my old password.

Either way, it is nice to see all are not lost and that there is an attempt to keep the forum going. I'm waiting patiently for an explanation why it was necessary to kill the old site, from the horses mouth.

In the meantime, is it possible for someone in adminstration to email me my password through something that does not resemble spam so I can "register" again" I will understand if this is not possible. email: [email protected] or [email protected]

All the best,

John M. Royer
'03 k1200rs
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2005, 9:06 pm Thread Starter

Let me try:

Yep - that worked!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before&After.jpg (75.4 KB, 41 views)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Nov 9th, 2005, 9:08 pm
Statmaster

John,

You should have received an email with your password - I sent it right after I read this. If you didn't get it, send an email to [email protected]

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode