Sold Icon For Single Item Listings? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 10:35 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Sold Icon For Single Item Listings?

Sold Icon For Single Item Listings?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if there was a way for the original poster to use a "Sold" icon in a later reply that would let forum viewers know the item was no longer available. As we all know, the classified section is one busy place.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:29 pm
Just a user too!

Steve,

That is a good suggestion. I had asked for that early on and never got a response, but, it was quite hectic those first few days!

When I was moderating the Classifieds I would change sold items to the "thumbs up" and add a red SOLD! to the original title. In a multi-item listing I would put this by each item if informed of the sale either by a post, PM or email. I also edited all thread titles to show either FS or WTB when the posters didn't read the guidelines.

Keeping the Classifieds organized took a lot of time (especially on the old site) and nobody has jumped up to volunteer to take this over so there is not an assigned moderator for right now.

For future reference, you really shouldn't junk up the Classifieds with the same thread in each section, especially with subjects that don't belong in there! Suggestions like this belong in the "Contact the Help Team" forum. You now have made extra work for those running this site. They should move one of these to the right forum and delete the other 3. Sorry for "preaching"...but it is hard to get the Admin/Mod blood out of me!!

BTW, you apparently didn't read closely as you posted in the main section that specifically asks you to NOT post anything in that section. If you read this within the 6hr window, you can delete that thread OR if any Admin is reading then they can do that for you!

EDIT: I see someone did all of the above....Thanks!

Randy

2004 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue "Zebra"

Last edited by htheater; Nov 16th, 2005 at 5:13 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode