Weird PM from a "Site Administrator - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 3:11 pm Thread Starter
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 1,322
Weird PM from a "Site Administrator

I generally do not visit your site, but am nonetheless registered, perhaps stemming from the split with I-BMW.COM? In any event, today I received the following fairly odd PM from someone with the handle, "Lady_Admin" - my first PM from this site ever. I am suspicious about the genuiness of this message. Anyone care to comment?

Dear, cjs350;kdude;LOCUS;neusome;Kerwin!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/cjs...------Sincerely, Forum Administration www.k-bikes.com.
cjs350 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 3:31 pm
JCW
contributor
 
JCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago, IL, USA
Posts: 4,827
Obviously a spammer. She just joined today and is NOT an administrator.

I banned her just now. And I'm sure Razel will block her IP address when he reviews this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And you can be active at both sites! as are many members and moderators from here.

I'm not as old a member as you are and do not know (or care to know) the past history of I-BMW and K-bikes, but as far as I'm concerned, they are both to be enjoyed.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
JCW is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 4:44 pm Thread Starter
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
Obviously a spammer. She just joined today and is NOT an administrator.

I banned her just now. And I'm sure Razel will block her IP address when he reviews this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And you can be active at both sites! as are many members and moderators from here.

I'm not as old a member as you are and do not know (or care to know) the past history of I-BMW and K-bikes, but as far as I'm concerned, they are both to be enjoyed.
No slight intended as to the history of the site, I was just making an observation as I am listed as a "veteran" on this site with 1300 odd posts. That caught me off guard as I didn't recall having previously posted here. I'm glad you caught the spammer, and hope that no one clicked on the link that was in the PM to me as it is apparently some form of "malware" that could cause untold headaches.
cjs350 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 6:43 pm
Looking for better limits...
 
Razel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fremont, CA, USA
Posts: 5,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs350
No slight intended as to the history of the site, I was just making an observation as I am listed as a "veteran" on this site with 1300 odd posts. That caught me off guard as I didn't recall having previously posted here. I'm glad you caught the spammer, and hope that no one clicked on the link that was in the PM to me as it is apparently some form of "malware" that could cause untold headaches.
Craig, the 1300 number is probably from when the initial I-BMW went offline and in the scramble, user information was transferred here as it was supposed to be the "replacement". However, after the re-emergence of I-BMW, we didn't go back and change the post count, as it would be a monumental task giving little benefit.

Also, here like there, the admin staff has their screen name in red.

Sorry for the spam message. We try to be pretty vigilant on scaring them off, but they're sneaky bastahds.

However, if you have a number for your post-count in mind, I can change it for you.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Razel is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2010, 12:19 pm Thread Starter
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
However, if you have a number for your post-count in mind, I can change it for you.
No problem Ray - the message from the "Lady_Admin" could have been problematic, so I hope no one got fooled by it. Craig
cjs350 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's with all these weird posts? Alpinebiker Bike Talk 4 Jan 8th, 2010 2:50 pm
here's a weird one hophead K12/1300S 4 Aug 4th, 2009 3:15 pm
Finalk Drive- Paralever- Weird Washer Placement... Brahma K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 2 May 23rd, 2009 8:01 pm
Weird noise Hooligan K12/1300R/R-Sport 4 Mar 4th, 2008 2:18 am
She's acting a little weird. PUREBRAD K12/1300GT (Next Gen) 10 Jun 29th, 2007 2:38 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome