Weird PM from a "Site Administrator - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 3:11 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Weird PM from a "Site Administrator

I generally do not visit your site, but am nonetheless registered, perhaps stemming from the split with I-BMW.COM? In any event, today I received the following fairly odd PM from someone with the handle, "Lady_Admin" - my first PM from this site ever. I am suspicious about the genuiness of this message. Anyone care to comment?

Dear, cjs350;kdude;LOCUS;neusome;Kerwin!A virus alert was noticed on your computer. We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://antivirus.effectmeds.com/cjs...------Sincerely, Forum Administration www.k-bikes.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 3:31 pm
JCW
contributor

Obviously a spammer. She just joined today and is NOT an administrator.

I banned her just now. And I'm sure Razel will block her IP address when he reviews this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And you can be active at both sites! as are many members and moderators from here.

I'm not as old a member as you are and do not know (or care to know) the past history of I-BMW and K-bikes, but as far as I'm concerned, they are both to be enjoyed.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 4:44 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCW
Obviously a spammer. She just joined today and is NOT an administrator.

I banned her just now. And I'm sure Razel will block her IP address when he reviews this thread.

Sorry for the inconvenience. And you can be active at both sites! as are many members and moderators from here.

I'm not as old a member as you are and do not know (or care to know) the past history of I-BMW and K-bikes, but as far as I'm concerned, they are both to be enjoyed.
No slight intended as to the history of the site, I was just making an observation as I am listed as a "veteran" on this site with 1300 odd posts. That caught me off guard as I didn't recall having previously posted here. I'm glad you caught the spammer, and hope that no one clicked on the link that was in the PM to me as it is apparently some form of "malware" that could cause untold headaches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2010, 6:43 pm
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs350
No slight intended as to the history of the site, I was just making an observation as I am listed as a "veteran" on this site with 1300 odd posts. That caught me off guard as I didn't recall having previously posted here. I'm glad you caught the spammer, and hope that no one clicked on the link that was in the PM to me as it is apparently some form of "malware" that could cause untold headaches.
Craig, the 1300 number is probably from when the initial I-BMW went offline and in the scramble, user information was transferred here as it was supposed to be the "replacement". However, after the re-emergence of I-BMW, we didn't go back and change the post count, as it would be a monumental task giving little benefit.

Also, here like there, the admin staff has their screen name in red.

Sorry for the spam message. We try to be pretty vigilant on scaring them off, but they're sneaky bastahds.

However, if you have a number for your post-count in mind, I can change it for you.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2010, 12:19 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel
However, if you have a number for your post-count in mind, I can change it for you.
No problem Ray - the message from the "Lady_Admin" could have been problematic, so I hope no one got fooled by it. Craig

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode