Functionality Question, New Posts - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 2005, 12:31 pm Thread Starter

Functionality Question, New Posts

On the old site when I would visit a thread it would automagically place the latest post since I visited at the top of the page. Now I can only figure out how to make it either go to the very first post, or the very last. So If there were 5 posts, and I visited, then came back after 10 more posts, I would be placed at the 15th post if I click the little carrot by the guys name.

Is it possible to make it start at the last post since my last visit? This was a VERY NICE feature on the old site and probably the most useful insofar as navigation is concerned.

I know y'all are busy and this is trivial, but if you have a quick fix and a moment to post, I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 7:51 am

Question. If hacking was such an issue on the other site, though I think that this format is nicely done, why are everyones IP displayed at the top right of each post...NOT GOOD!

No current bike.
(previous: 01 K12RS (*RED*)

Bear
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 8:42 am
No bogey's twist wrist

functionality question

While we are on the subject is the feature that emailed me when a reply to my post was done still available? I liked that. Thanks Don

If it's got curves ride it.
life member NRA, GOA and Tennessee Firearms Owners Association.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 9:08 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catatafish
On the old site when I would visit a thread it would automagically place the latest post since I visited at the top of the page. Now I can only figure out how to make it either go to the very first post, or the very last. So If there were 5 posts, and I visited, then came back after 10 more posts, I would be placed at the 15th post if I click the little carrot by the guys name.

Is it possible to make it start at the last post since my last visit? This was a VERY NICE feature on the old site and probably the most useful insofar as navigation is concerned.

I know y'all are busy and this is trivial, but if you have a quick fix and a moment to post, I'd appreciate it.
Hi Catatafish, great to have you onboard.
Go to your 'UserCP' and open your profile, down at the right side..you could set how you want to 'see' new threads...newest first or whatever..another clue...at all new post (as long as you have 'ticked-off' 'remember me' when login) that you havn't read their is a tiny 'orange' square upper left corner..the one beside 'when thread was posted...see it?? this will also help you..personally I use this set up...New post first..and I read until no orange ones..simple....
Try it out, thanks
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 2005, 4:38 pm

At the top left of the window, you should see a "go to first unread post" link also. It is right under the post new reply button.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 7:50 am

While we're at it...

...how do you tell the date and time a post was posted?

My view shows "8 hours ago" or "2 days ago".

I'd like the option of seeing date and time instead - is there a way to change the preference?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 8:09 am
Statmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddieb
...how do you tell the date and time a post was posted?

My view shows "8 hours ago" or "2 days ago".

I'd like the option of seeing date and time instead - is there a way to change the preference?
Eddie,

There's no way to set that on an individual basis. However, if you view in Threaded or Hybrid mode, you will see the time on the post.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 2005, 8:20 am
Statmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catatafish

If you go into the User CP link on the menu, you can set that in your options. I believe the selection is "Linear - newest first" from the thread view options.

See the attached picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 3.jpg (63.5 KB, 13 views)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 3:58 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCUS
... at all new post ( ... ) that you havn't read there is a tiny 'orange' square upper left corner ... and I read until no orange ones..simple ...
I've seen this when I viewed in the basic layout, but these 'little orange' squares don't change back to blue when viewing the messages using the thread/tree format. They also don't seem to go when, having read all the messages, going up a level and back down again.

On the same subject (i.e. threaded reading) the thread window doesn't 'keep pace' with the message you are reading, especially when 'more messages...' is expanded. I was using the 'prev' & 'next' buttons just below the thread window to navigate.

(BTW, I'm using the latest version of Opera under XP Pro.)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 12:24 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclauson
I've seen this when I viewed in the basic layout, but these 'little orange' squares don't change back to blue when viewing the messages using the thread/tree format. They also don't seem to go when, having read all the messages, going up a level and back down again.

On the same subject (i.e. threaded reading) the thread window doesn't 'keep pace' with the message you are reading, especially when 'more messages...' is expanded. I was using the 'prev' & 'next' buttons just below the thread window to navigate.

(BTW, I'm using the latest version of Opera under XP Pro.)
If You, after reading all Threads that where of your interest and leave the section via the 'top' as here below(example), by 'clicking' the furthest 'right', here seen as 'Contact the Help Team' all post you actually have read will turn from 'orange' to 'blue'. But I think in addition to this, you must 'tick' off the 'Remember Me' at 'login square'
example below
K-Bikes.com - Velocity in Action > Site Support > Contact the Help Team

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode