is this us? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2006, 9:21 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

is this us?

( I have received this as below. I am a bit confused. Is it us? I recently went looking through BMW Forums using a search engine. Lots out there. Plus I saw on some, some of the old names that we used to have on the original site. Some members are doubling up or have wandered off and got lost. What is this one below about?)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
I-BMW.com LLC ............

Press Release .....

I-BMW.com's BACK
The premier K1200 forum returns....
Boston Ma. Mar 09, 2006:
In this our 3rd incarnation since the Spring of 1998, we've returned with a world class, open source architecture in concert with the best forum software and custom coded module offerings money can buy!

Despite a brief outage due to a recent hostile takeover and pirating of our personal property; namely our databases... WE'RE BACK! Yes, this despite our unfortunate encounter with some very bad folks disguised as promoters of online "community"...! (and despite said group's "denial of service" attack attempts to interrupt our re-birth - the list is as tiresome as it is long).....

OK, enough dwelling on the past, as we're accelerating forward, with all previous admins & moderators back on board, away from the drama of a bye- gone era to provide you a place to share the K1200 experience, an experience based on pride of ownership and unrivaled community discussion; K1200 related or not....

Let's get down to business:
Apologies ahead of time, but as this is an entirely new database effective Feb 1st 2006, you're required to re- register. -Freely employ your former name/ password should you wish to.
Note; should you not immediately receive access credentials via confirmation email from us, it's likely your ISP's overly ambitious spam filters. Contact us here and we'll work around it.

We have been up and running for over a month, already breaking the old record for the most users concurrently online and welcoming back members from the past! We have made many improvements, including an entirely new Gallery program, an extremely popular Shoutbox (a live chat room), personal “stickies” to help you organize your favorite posts, one-click Private Messaging from within a post, a built-in Spell Checker, many new Smiles, enough Site Statistics for even the most curious, a new poll system, a dedicated Classified Ad program that lets you manage your own ad (including edits at any time), and JoMamma is BACK! Our 4 “official” i- bmw.com rallies are the icing-on-the-cake! Come see what you are missing!

Already registered ? Log-in and share the experience...

Thanks for listening - see you inside; the NEW I-bmw.com

--------------------------------------------

[email protected]

Copyright © 1998 - 2006, I-BMW.com LLC

[email protected]

T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 4:18 am

hit the link ! The " old " site is back .
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 1:45 pm
Looking for better limits...

No reason to not be a member of both. Yeah, there's some interesting history there that you'll find the more you peal back the layers, the more obscure things get. Is it us vs. them? No. Not from where I stand. However, I get the impression that there are some that want that kind of conflict, for what-ever jollies it gives them. I'm not interested...

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" - Dilbert

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2006, 10:00 pm
Just a user too!

Well put Ray!

For those who don't know, Vic, Kjell and myself started i-bmw.com back up. There are some in both "camps" with bitter feelings (maybe justifed, maybe not), but, overall it is more of a friendly competition to who is going to have the best site! Both sites have tried to maintain the high road, however, the low leaks out occasionally.

I obviously visit both sites and have been allowed to look up member information as they sign in to the new site so we can recognize the tenure and post counts for the old members.

Randy

2004 K1200RS Alpine White/Orient Blue "Zebra"
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2006, 3:53 pm Thread Starter
Veteran

sites

What is the point? Where does it end. Individual sites where you can post to yourself. Duplication here is not a plus. Think I will stick to this one.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 2006, 4:48 pm
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papilio
What is the point? Where does it end? Individual sites where you can post to yourself.
OTOH, some days posting to yourself is the only intelligent conversation you can have on the internet.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode