A Two Fer - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 18th, 2005, 10:38 pm Thread Starter
Go Dawgs!

Lightbulb A Two Fer

Item #1
I'm hoping you've got plans down the line to activate the column sort options on the Members list pages to cover "city" and "state" locations. These would be extremely handy for getting in touch with neighbors for local activities and issues.

Item#2
Now that I've tossed some loose change in the new site coffers I get to check my new member designation. Like the pretty colors, too!

Thanks again for all the great work. looks like the community is going to reassemble itself just fine.

-Jeff

-Jeff
2003 K1200GT (Blue...of course!)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
-- Douglas Adams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 12:28 am

Quote:
Item #1
I'm hoping you've got plans down the line to activate the column sort options on the Members list pages to cover "city" and "state" locations. These would be extremely handy for getting in touch with neighbors for local activities and issues.
Jeff, take a look to the right in your post..do you see the 'Location'..as for you 'Athens'...and for me in this one answering Yours....'Oslo'
...there is none at the members list pages....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 7:55 am

Kjell,

I think you misunderstood his request.

On i-bmw, you could click at the top of any column in the members list and it would SORT them based on that column. Click the same column and it resorted in reverse order.

On k-bikes only the columns with an underline can be sorted on. Jeff is asking if it is possible to sort on the CITY column so you can easily locate members who live near you. This was a very nice feature and one I hope we can enable here.

So, Jeff......investigation is ongoing....results are pending......

I will check and let you know (or better yet, get someone who knows to answer!)

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2005, 8:15 am
Statmaster

Sorting on optional fields is not available at this time.

The best thing to do is to use the "Advanced Search" feature of the Member List and search by state. I know the instructions explicitly ask that people use their 2-digit state, but some people spell out their state.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:25 am Thread Starter
Go Dawgs!

Thumbs up Column sort tools

Thanks, guys. Randy has it right.
The programmers that develop Java tools for the Oracle database we use in my lab automatically install these sort tools on pretty much every table column they set up. I've never bothered to ask whether it was a trivial matter to do so.
Anyway, just a suggestion for another useful tool -- it can certainly wait for the day when all the BIGGER issues have died down a bit.

Cheers,
Jeff

-Jeff
2003 K1200GT (Blue...of course!)

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
-- Douglas Adams
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 2005, 5:52 am

Lightbulb Better Advanced Searching of Members List

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
Sorting on optional fields is not available at this time. ...
Hope it will appear soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljeffe
The best thing to do is to use the "Advanced Search" feature of the Member List and search by ...
For us non-State-side members this isn't that good. There is another member from the UK (United Kingdom) who put 'Scotland' under Country. Where as I and others put UK.

If 'regular expressions' were allowed (with an example), or some other solution like a separator (e.g. 'UK;Scotland;England;Wales;NI;Northern Ireland') or wild cards (e.g. 'U*K*' and '?') it would make life a lot easier finding local and other people.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode