Sharing info here to there - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2005, 8:51 pm Thread Starter

Sharing info here to there

First off, is it ok to share info here with another site?

I go onto bmwrt.com and would love to share the pics of the bikes in thread here named We got bling!!!. Usually I would just copy the address up top and do as a url over on that site - it's not working -

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I'm not a computer wiz, but my daughter's know how to do this copy/paste stuff, even what they showed me doesn't work - HELP PLEASE. Thanks in advance -

Lamour
'04 K1200RS
(for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 2:36 am
Looking for better limits...

If there's a question regarding rights to xyz, you can just link to it. Copy the portion of the address that has the "http://xyz/yadayadayada.com" or what ever it is (your daughter should understand) and then in your post put --> {url=http://xyz/yadayadayada.com"}LOOK AT THIS{/url} <-- and you should be good. (For each { you need to use [ and for }, ]) You have just created a link to what ever picture/document you want to refer to, and you aren't violating anyone's right to that document...since it's available publicly. Should they decide to remove it from public view, which is their right, the link you created will automaticall fail as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 6:34 am Thread Starter

Ray,

Good morning - back at this again!

Step by step: have both sites up.

On the bmwrt site have a new post open, switch to this site, go into thread I want to copy, right click on address which results in it being highlighted, choose copy.

Go back over to other site, click URL which opens a box in which to paste address, click ok and it's done.

Seems to work as long as I'm longed in to this site, but if logged out here, when link is clicked it takes you to a log in page, not to the pictures posted here that I want them to see.

The address being copied appears as this, minus the ***:

[***url=http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575]web page[/url]

I'm going for 2nd cup of coffee now, just as a side note, got up early to get ready to meet some other riders about an hour from here, let dog out, let dog in and turned on spot lights - SNOW! So now I'm back at this, should probably just go back to bed!

Thanks.

Lamour
'04 K1200RS
(for now)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:43 am
Looking for better limits...

I think you've answered your own question, just that it's not obvious. To see posts, pictures, etc., on www.k-bikes.com, you have to have a cookie set that basically says you're logged into the site. When you log out the cookie doesn't exist anymore, and you're asked to log in first. Same would happen to anyone else clicking on the link. I don't know if there is a fix for that. You might PM Andy, Randy, or ElJefe and ask them, as they're the guru's on this site presently. I certainly don't know how to get around it, if it's possible at all.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Oct 26th, 2005, 9:19 am Thread Starter

Ray,

It took a lot of playing (work), but finally got pics to go. With the picture on screen, did a right click, went to properties, got the url from there, then copied over.

I'm better off getting a host for pictures, so am now learning about all that! There's a lot to learn about this computer stuff, mostly by frying pan method!

Regards,
De

Lamour
'04 K1200RS
(for now)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode