CIP 7.0 Update - Page 3 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
View Poll Results: BMW CIP 7.0 update
I have the 7.0 update and noticed an overall improvement 93 42.47%
I have the 7.0 update and noticed little or no change 16 7.31%
I have the 7.0 update, improved low speed but seemed to reduce full throttle performance 12 5.48%
I have the 7.0 update and still have low speed problems 8 3.65%
I am going to wait and see how others fare with the update before I get it installed 57 26.03%
I see no need to install the update - the bike runs fine 33 15.07%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 2006, 12:46 pm
Just saying hey

Thank you Randy for the information on the assessory socket issue, I thought 7.0 was to resolve the shut off issue, and according to the 7.0 data sheet it says "modification to the "switch-off" behavior of the on-board socket and accessories socket:" The tech was reluctant to do a 7.0 update, but said he did, I am doubtful, the print out report shows target data status K024-06-08-500 and new part no. of program. ECU=7704097, any idea if this actually is 7.0 or a previous version. Thoughts are appreciated. Thanks, Bond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 2006, 9:30 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5lam
I don't like this feeling. The feeling that our bikes have become rolling home computers that consistently need to have updates to the software in an effort to one day "get it right." Uggg. It's as if this thing runs on MicroSoft Windows.
OK - I'm desperately hoping when my bike gets updated this Thursday that it will resolve the abrupt throttle issue during slow speed maneuvers, but let's not compare this to Microsoft Windows. If this were windows our little LCD displays would come up with a message saying "A fatal exception has occurred and your bike has been shut down for your protection" (This is the actual Microsoft error message - just replace the word bike with computer.) At that point the bike would stop responding and you would be returned to the beginning of your trip and have to wait 15 minutes for the bike to restart. You would have no idea why this happened and every-time you started a trip you would wonder if you were going to make it to your destination or if the trip would suddenly "reboot" and you would have to start again. I can tell you after years of being a Microsoft Certified Engineer that your bike would only do this during really long trips. It would never "reboot" on short trips or while at the dealer!
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 9:40 am
Enthusiast

K1200R 7.0 is good

2006 K1200R (stock)
Here is my result from the 7.0 software update.
The mid RPM vibration is minimal to almost gone
The low speed throttle jump is minimized
I no longer have the starting issues when bike is cold
The bike is smoother throughout the RPM range better general rideability
The severe engine braking is lessened though I kind of liked the way is was before
The overall racy-ness of bike is toned down with the trade off of a more fluid smoothness to the ride.
Fixed fuel gauge (now indicates full when full)

Also had the recall done last month and notice with the new discs up front that the brake noise as I come to a stop has gone away.

Transmission has gotten better and better with miles. Noticeable improvement with first service. Now after about 2000 miles the bike shifts precise and solid.
I think many of the problems I read on the forum will be solved as the bike becomes broken in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2600.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	895.5 KB
ID:	3716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2512.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	833.1 KB
ID:	3717  

Last edited by Emilynator; Oct 22nd, 2006 at 10:02 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 24th, 2006, 7:23 pm
Just saying hey

cip 7

Getting my motor back form Beemer on Thurs after a lot of work to resolve fuelling problem.CIP 7 loaded i am told so we will see how it goes....but can someone tell me what does cip stand for ?? Regards..
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 25th, 2006, 1:40 am
Looking for better limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudge
but can someone tell me what does cip stand for ?? Regards..
Constantly Improving Programming

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ray
2010 K1300GT Royal Blue
2003 K1200GT Orient Blue (for sale)
2007 G650 X-Challenge

IBA #34158

Be a K-Bikes Supporter

I work for Keyser Söze
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old Oct 31st, 2006, 7:02 am
Just saying hey

7.0 problems

Hi All,

I took my bike in to BMW to change my k12s stock exhaust to Laser hotcam, they also updated the software to 7.0k. But, my bike died on me several times when i pulled in the clutch do down shift or when i came to a stop. The bike also dies on me when it heats up in the city from time to time.

I dont know if it is the new software or it is the new bmw certified Laser exhaust. I took it for its 20k tune up and they didnt resolve the problem yet. They said that they have heard some complaints on 7.0 at least here in Italy. They told me to ride the bike for a couple of weeks and track the problem as to when it happens.

Anyone have any input or any experience?

All the best,
Shawn
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 3rd, 2006, 3:00 am
Just saying hey

7.1 stats

It would be interesting to find out who waited for the 7.1 and who installed it.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2006, 10:22 am
Enthusiast

7.1 Got it Right!

I got the 7.1 update last week when I was having the final drive oil changed in my 2006 K1200R (Also changed to a magnetic final drive oil drain plug available for 8 bucks even thought the ABS sensor in the rear wheel has its own magnet in it)
This update for me has been a fantastic balance between 6.0 and 7.0. Low RPM is smooth and not jerky and the rest of the RPM range is racy again with more zip than 7.0. I still miss the throttle off engine braking that was available with 6.0. Vibration thru 5-7000 RPM is still gone and the momentary dip in the power curve at lower RPM 3000-4500 is gone also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode