CIP 7.0 Update - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
View Poll Results: BMW CIP 7.0 update
I have the 7.0 update and noticed an overall improvement 93 42.47%
I have the 7.0 update and noticed little or no change 16 7.31%
I have the 7.0 update, improved low speed but seemed to reduce full throttle performance 12 5.48%
I have the 7.0 update and still have low speed problems 8 3.65%
I am going to wait and see how others fare with the update before I get it installed 57 26.03%
I see no need to install the update - the bike runs fine 33 15.07%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 2006, 1:30 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

CIP 7.0 Update

For those of you who have considered or have installed the CIP 7.0 update for the K1200S, K1200R or new K1200GT (K4x series) I have attached a poll.

Click
here to become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

Last edited by randy; Sep 10th, 2006 at 2:02 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy
For those of you who have considered or have installed the CIP 7.0 update for the K1200S, K1200R or new K1200GT (K4x series) I have attached a poll.
Might need another choice ... "Wanted update but dealer says the computer is indicating no update needed and will not update"

IBA 18417
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 2006, 5:09 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisOlson
Might need another choice ... "Wanted update but dealer says the computer is indicating no update needed and will not update"
That has actually been discussed in a couple of threads here, and is something the dealers should know about as it has been discussed on their network. All they need to do is force the update.

Click

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2006, 8:45 am
Addict-oholic

My dealer, Manhattan BMW was not in favor of updating my bike,but because I had complained at my 600 mile service. They decided to do it on BMW NA's okay and did it under warranty. It took 3 attempts overer several days forcing it and finally succeeded after NA told or downloaded the right stuff. In any case, it was done and I have a better bike.

You just need to be persistent and tell them to force it in...You will be better off with the upgrade !

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 5:04 pm
Addict

Randy,
Thanks for setting this up. I'm in the "Do not need "or want" the update category for now. I just submitted a long ride report and I'm completely satisfied with the way my bike runs for now. No low speed surging or abrupt throttle responses.

Thanks again!
John
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 6:56 pm
Rookie

Well I originally voted in the I'm going to wait, but went to the dealer yesterday to ask about a stalling issue I had in the past when the engine got hot and a couple other bugs. He recommended that I bring it in for the 7.0 upgrade.

Dropped it off this morning and picked it up in the afternoon and rides much better and seems to have a bit more torque. Tough to say cause I just put on the Leo Vince and only put about 50 miles on with a passenger. But got on the interstate and taking it to red-line in 3rd around 9500 the front end was trying to come up. Only has done that in 1 or 2nd previously. So not sure what percentage of what, but definetely alot smoother buzzing around a parking lot in 1st or 2nd than before.

Guess I'm happy with the upgrade and glad it was offered to me under warranty. Have to give a thanks to DeSimone for this one.

I'll have to post of the differences now when I get a chance to install the Evo air cleaners.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2006, 11:31 pm
Noob

What is my CIP version?

How can I tell what version I am running? Can it be displayed on the screen or does the bike have to be connected to the dealer computer? Thanks.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2006, 10:00 am
Addict-oholic

Tell your dealer to "force" the update. They may have to call BMW NA to do this. Complain enough and it will be done. That is how I got mine done, and it does make a big deifference.
Be persistent.

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2006, 6:43 pm
Veteran

Same here John. But, Randy, dd you have yours upgraded and what were the before symptions and what did the upgrade cure?

John
Jacksonville, FL, USA
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2006, 6:56 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamaro
Same here John. But, Randy, dd you have yours upgraded and what were the before symptions and what did the upgrade cure?
I did get the update, but had no serious complaint. After the update I would say that the mapping just feels more accurate. It is a lot more linear and predictable at lower engine speeds. The engine seems to have less engine braking when the throttle is closed. My fuel mileage has been consistently about 2mpg better than it was before the update, but that could also be attributed to the bike being more broken in now. The one thing I had hoped to cure was the accessory power shutting off for an instant when you turn the key on (when it is powered as retained power), but that did not change.

Click

Randy Prade,
Aurora, CO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode