Good points everyone.
Originally Posted by Erik
What is it about the new GT that's making you wait for it, ergo's, luggage, options?
Not sure. From my point of view, the only thing the GT could do to improve upon the S is add a few things that make it better for trips. Basically, leave the KS as is and add the following:
- Factory cruise control.
- Slightly more relaxed ergos. Slightly!
- Better luggage. (a "little" more room and water proof would be nice)
- A little more range. (anything over 200 miles on average per tank full)
- Possibly better passenger comfort. (although, I don't have a passenger often)
- Heated seat and adjustable wind-screen may be nice to have but not all that important to me so far.
- And of course, I'm curious as to what the GT will look like. Not that I think it will look better than the S. Just different. I'd say the KS is probably the sexiest bike BMW is building right now.
As I've said earlier, I love the KS. I'm just curious about the GT and it raises some questions about the timing for me right now.
No matter what, I know I won't be regretful. I can always focus on the positives of the choices I make. What ever I choose, In my mind, as long as it's a new K-bike, I'll win either way. Only question may be "how much did it cost me to win?" But a few beers will put out that fire