K1300S engine cutting out coming to a stop... Anyone else? - Page 30 - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 295 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Noob

This is a very loooong thread. I've read the first half a doz pages and not firm resolution of this issue.

Did the cause of the cut out behaviour ever get firmly nailed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 295 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2019, 7:18 pm
Noob

Apologize for not getting back. Seems I have a return of the stall problem after two years trouble free. I have to track down the original mechanic who is now at a new shop. I will try and get the details of his fix.
post #293 of 295 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2019, 11:39 pm
Addict

Back when these bike came out they had severe stalling issues but where resolved, lot of pissed off owners. Anyway the short of the in the Idle passage was clog-up and the throttle bodies had to be cleaned, however the first option was to use Chevron gas and a can of Techron in the gas. Of course it could be something else but try that.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #294 of 295 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Noob

Stalling and Hot Start Issues

Someone may find this of interest re: stalling issue. I've read most everything there is to read online. There are all kinds of suggested remedies. Even those owners that participated in the U.S. recall can't seem to definitively say what the remedy is. I'm in Canada where they don't recognize the recall for this issue apparently. I took mine into Toronto BMW when I first purchased my 2010 a couple of years ago (with only 10,000 km). They addressed other Canadian recall issues (switches, software, fuel pump bracket) and I asked them to address the stall. They didn't, saying the bike was fine. The stall was still happening. I found a private mechanic that tweaked something, I didn't ask what, and the bike has been fine the last couple of years.

At the start of this season the stall had seemingly returned. Now this bike was cursed with another 2009-2010 issue. The dreaded hot start. I had ordered the supplemental wiring kit last year but hadn't gotten around to installing it. It's a bloody cold spring here so after being out a couple of times, encountering the stall again and being reminded of the hot start, I got around to installing the supplemental wiring rig last weekend.

Hot start issue is gone. And, oddly, so has the stalling issue near as I can tell. I can't claim a relationship. It's conceivable that the stall returned due to I was running the same tank of gas from last fall and it may have been a bit off. I don't know.

Footnote: I never had any luck originally with the Techron "solution." I mean originally. What kind of deposits do you get after 6,000 miles? The indie mechanic I mentioned has moved shops and I still plan on tracking him down to find out what he adjusted. Further and finally -- let me just express my disappointment with BMW itself over these issues. Particularly the lack of universal recalls and transparency for what are serious issues.
post #295 of 295 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2019, 6:21 am
Noob

Question Booster Vs Bazzaz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscherle View Post
I had the same issues on my 2010 K1300 S. I installed a Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller and it made a huge improvement. The Map out of the box is very good, then tunable with the software. Don't waste money on anything else, this equipment and their support is top notch. It was difficult to install due to removing the throttle bodies but, the bike is no longer an abruptly fueled lean trick to ride but, now insanely responsive especially down low in RPM range. Pulls like a beast. Check it out, their dyno maps are posted for each model.

Good luck. -Dan
Ahhh! I just ordered a Booster plug. Did the Bazzaz really help? I was really interested in getting some help smoothing out the low end RPM issues - but after several conversations with Bazzaz the sales guy was awesome/honest in telling me that the low end RPMs would not be corrected as it doesn't alter under a certain RPM. So, was he not accurate? Does it solve the low RPM stutters?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode