Back to crap running... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 3:28 pm Thread Starter

Back to crap running...

My 06 K1200S feels like its back to square one again...

I had the new airbox fitted which seemed to help the bad bucking on throttle application but it seems to be back again. Its a fecking pain in the arse when filtering and riding round roundabouts etc... I also seem to have lost engine breaking so to speak, when letting off the throttle its like its still applying some?

The engine breaking I can handle but the bucking is really getting to me. I am not sure if i have an issue with my shaft drive but it seem whenever the power is applied it double takes almost, like burrp, burrp and the bike judders?

Roundy
2006 K1200S

---------------------------------------------
Only bikers know why dogs like to stick their heads out of car windows....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 4:28 pm
Enthusiast

I got my '06 back after a new air box with 13.2 firmware, new cam chain, new irrium plugs & new rear brake lever - But a surprise of new problems from the new 13.2 firmware - ( I got Clear Alt. rear brake - LED ) so when I touch my brakes I get a LAMPR & a yellow trianglr warring on my dash - But the stock brake light is fine - So it's something with the resistor to the rear brake light - But the I still have a LAMPF that the new firmware was to clean up - So my bike's dash is flashing christmas tree - if I use the directionals & brakes
My wife said the bike is louder as well - I think it's because of the weather here - ice & snow and I have not been out in a while to have her hear me comming down the road

What firmware you got? I still can not tell yet - my bucking happens in hot weather or in city traffic - before.

'91 K75S
'06 K1200S
BMWMOA # 119240
Yankee Beemer # 153
NRA # 154764753
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 4:50 pm Thread Starter

I have 13.2 also.... It's weird, I had a run out to the dealer a while back, no traffic, open roads.....lovely, bike felt great. Whenever I am commuting the bike is crap. I've bought it up with the dealer and they just seem to give the line "thats what they're like, bad around town". The salesman knew I was commuting, never would have bought the thing if that was the norm!

Roundy
2006 K1200S

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 6:00 pm
Veteran

If you have the option to install a Power Commander III in the bike, do it. I know you shouldn't have to, but it sure solved a lot of bike fuel problems to include my 2007 KS.

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2010, 5:09 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allikanbe1
If you have the option to install a Power Commander III in the bike, do it. I know you shouldn't have to, but it sure solved a lot of bike fuel problems to include my 2007 KS.
I keep thinking about a PC II but the problem is the bike is still under warranty, and I am thinking of continuing with the BMW Motorrad warranty after its expired :-(

Roundy
2006 K1200S

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2010, 5:37 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundy
I keep thinking about a PC II but the problem is the bike is still under warranty, and I am thinking of continuing with the BMW Motorrad warranty after its expired :-(
I understand that, but the PC would have no effect on most parts of a warranty. I'm not sure what the PCIII would have to do with most anything under warranty. I'd ask your dealer what he thought. I had my PC installed at about 25K miles. The bike was not safe or fun to ride the way it was.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 2010, 9:18 pm
Sheep

Quote:
..... I've bought it up with the dealer and they just seem to give the line "thats what they're like, bad around town".....!
If the bike was constant grief, I'd do the PCIII knowing it would cure the ills and just not say a word to dealer, regardless of the warranty. There should be no reason for them to cancel warranty. I installed a Dobeck/TFI on my new '08 R12R last year and the warranty was never voided... they couldn't miss the module sitting under the seat when service checks were done either. It just was never a big deal to them.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2010, 5:05 am Thread Starter

Its weird, i did bring this up with a dealer.... When I mentioned replacing the suspension lower plate they were like "if something fails as a result of it would be void" but when I mentioned a PC they were like "that WOULD INVALIDATE the warranty"!

Interestingly I thought I'd add to my problem mentioned as now the bike is sometimes stalling when I start it up in the morning. Start her up, go back in the shed, helmet on etc come back out and she's not running. Also a couple of times the revs have been dropping right down and staying there for ages like its trying to cut out.....?

Roundy
2006 K1200S

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2010, 4:05 pm
Veteran

Quote:
Its weird, i did bring this up with a dealer.... When I mentioned replacing the suspension lower plate they were like "if something fails as a result of it would be void" but when I mentioned a PC they were like "that WOULD INVALIDATE the warranty"!

Interestingly I thought I'd add to my problem mentioned as now the bike is sometimes stalling when I start it up in the morning. Start her up, go back in the shed, helmet on etc come back out and she's not running. Also a couple of times the revs have been dropping right down and staying there for ages like its trying to cut out.....?
I hear you, but I would get the PCIII and forget about the warranty issue. Fight that battle when and if it ever comes up. As it stands now, your bike sux and it is not fun. The PCIII will cure that. Why live with a crap bike when you don't have to?

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 2010, 5:07 pm Thread Starter

Yeah, I hear you knockin...

Roundy
2006 K1200S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode