K1300S Decal - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2010, 6:45 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K1300S Decal

Has anyone removed the K1300S decal from the rear panel just below the passenger seat? I was thinking about taking it off..looks easy, just peel off. But without it, there is nothing to signify what model it is. I wonder if that could be a problem down the road if I decide to sell it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 2010, 9:28 pm
Sheep

I doubt it'd be a problem -- either a future buyer wouldn't care or you could negotiate ordering replacements at the dealer in a final deal.

I already know I'm pulling mine off, but I'm working on a new scheme to denote the model of the bike in smaller format/diff colors, and probably relocated to the fairings. I've had it on "to do" list for a year, but too busy trying to sell house along with other "stuff", thus it's lost its priority status.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 2010, 5:40 pm Thread Starter
Noob

the decal isn't too obvious to begin with, but I just like simple looks.

Its coming off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2010, 12:36 am
Sheep

Take the plunge!

Never have been a fan of decals/emblems (especially on hi-perf cars) unless they are subdued and simple. That huge decal stuck on the back is annoying, plus it has no "draw" to it. If/when it is removed, a newer one in diff colors which complement the powdercoating already done, and will be half-sized and with different look than the OEM version.

Here's the former R1200R stock up top, then later with its custom paint job under it... notice diff with decal off. Simpler as would happen if K1300S was peeled. The BMW roundel is perhaps nicest badge in entire industry, so that stays. I swapped the tail rack with someone for less conspicuous std pinion grabrails.

Original stock bike with its decal on tank:

After painting, and no decal. Unfortunately, the Remus badge is riveted on... ugh!

The K1300S looks terrible on this bike now; adds no character and at the very least it needs some "blue" in the lettering if it's not removed and/or shrunken and placed in diff location. And this can has no badge with pop rivets.

Last edited by Sheep; Jul 16th, 2010 at 12:44 am.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 2010, 6:55 pm

First thing I did when I got the bike. Thought the decals looked cheesey, especially since they weren't clearcoated in. So, a few minutes with a blowdrier and some WD 40 to clean up and they are gone!

Now: K1300S Lava Orange
Then: R1100s, CBR929RR, YZF 600, Triumph Sprint ST, VFR750, K75S, GS1150E, GS550E, GS750E, KZ550, GT 380

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode