BMW of North America is the best! - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 6:12 am Thread Starter
Noob

BMW of North America is the best!

Ok, took my 2006 K1200S in to the dealer for a flashing brake failure light and the ABS servos would not work. Got the bad news that the ABS system needs to be replaced, $2600.00 for the part alone...OUCH! In addition, my bike's warranty ran out back in September of 09. So, I called BMW of North America and pleaded my case to them. I told them where my bike was and why. I also explained that since my bike only has 12K on the odometer and I am current with all of my recommended services (BMW did them all) that I do not feel this part should have failed and I asked them to help me. Well after about 3 weeks of calls from various people, sending in all of my service records, BMW called me last night with great news! BMW will cover ALL PARTS including even down to the brake fluid and I will have to cover the labor. I told them that this was great and could not thank them enough. It is great to see a large company as BMW taking care of their customers. I know when I tried this it was a long shot but I figured I had nothing to lose. I would like to thank BMW once again and I am a BMW owner for good...thanks again for the EXCELLENT customer service!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 10:15 am
Enthusiast

Good for you - your 1 in 1K's that worked in your favor - next time you might not be so lucky - start saving

'91 K75S
'06 K1200S
BMWMOA # 119240
Yankee Beemer # 153
NRA # 154764753
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 11:02 am
Addict-oholic

This is the first good word i have heard about BMWNA in all my years of ownership.
I love my BMW's and my delaers. Finally ! Maybe someone at BMWNA is listening..

Larry
Deep Blue 2009 K1300GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 12:00 pm
Enthusiast

I'm glad to hear that they are taking such good care of out-of-warranty customers. Will certainly come in handy when our warranties run out. Now if they would just exercise a high degree of care with their "in-warranty" customers I would be happy.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 1:38 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by remphoto
I'm glad to hear that they are taking such good care of out-of-warranty customers. Will certainly come in handy when our warranties run out. Now if they would just exercise a high degree of care with their "in-warranty" customers I would be happy.
I wouldn't count on it. This is a fluke. BMWNA has a long history of screwing their motorcycle customers.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 2:04 pm
Enthusiast

The Real question is...... How much is the labor cost? The parts are relatively cheap, Labor is not.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 3:45 pm
Veteran

Was this meant to be in the Jokes forum?

07 BMW K1200 S (cosmic blue/titan silver)
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 1st, 2010, 4:48 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHEMWICK
The Real question is...... How much is the labor cost? The parts are relatively cheap, Labor is not.
I wouldn't call $2600.00 for an ABS until cheap? The install is 4 hours at $95.00 an hour. You do the math...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 6:17 am
Enthusiast

I've also had decent luck with BMWNA on my '03 GT which I purchased used (1,024 miles) in 2006. I had the cold stalling problem that they had a TSB on and which subsequently expired in 2005. The TSB suggested that some of the older ECU's may have been faulty and they were replacing them under warranty until 2005.
My dealer explained to BMWNA that the bike was essentially in storage for this period and since it wasn't being driven there was no way to detect the fault. BMW paid the parts AND labor....

I now have a '10 GT with a stalling issue. I hope they treat me equally well.

.....Mike
'10 K1300GT
Royal Blue Metallic
Garmin Zumo 660
Nolan N-103 w/ BT Kit
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 9:41 am
Veteran

The OP is obviously an under cover agent working for BMWNA.

Glad you had a good experience with them but I have nothing but loathing and contempt for the entire organization. Don't count on it being duplicated.

'07 GT Sold- 2012 GSA Triple Black - Farkles O'Plenty!

I think I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe....but I am NOT a Dental Floss Tycoon!
What's with this STUPID Cosmic Door?! ....Going Somewhere?!....Going Somewhere?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode