Clear front turn signal and tail light lens kits - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 2:13 am Thread Starter

Clear front turn signal and tail light lens kits

Anyone know where I can get a pair of clear front turn signal lenses or a clear tail light lens? I already have clear lenses on the rear signals, as well as Hornig LEDs that provide a totally clear/clean look since there are no amber bulbs to see through the lenses. The amber stock front signal lenses are particularly industrial in appearance. I'd like the same setup I have on the rear signals, but can't find a manufacturer or provider. Ditto with the tail light.

Last edited by pebo; Jan 9th, 2006 at 2:20 am. Reason: clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 7:00 am

Pebo,

I share your pain...I too have the led rears with clear lenses, but long for the same set-up in the front. We could approach a company like Clear Alternatives or someone else, but
they probably want to see a number of interested potential buyers first.

Keep us posted if you find something and I'll do the same.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 11:36 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebo
Anyone know where I can get a pair of clear front turn signal lenses or a clear tail light lens? I already have clear lenses on the rear signals, as well as Hornig LEDs that provide a totally clear/clean look since there are no amber bulbs to see through the lenses. The amber stock front signal lenses are particularly industrial in appearance. I'd like the same setup I have on the rear signals, but can't find a manufacturer or provider. Ditto with the tail light.
Some just popped up on Ebay:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K1200S-BMW-CLEAR-Turn-SIGNALS-2005-06-K1200-S_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQitemZ460365409 9QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW<

Do a search on K1200S if the link doesn't work. All you have to do for the amber bulbs is get some high temp silver paint (any Home Depot has it) and spray the glass area of the bulb. They turn invisible in the reflective housing with the clear lens over it but still shine amber. I did that to all of my turn signals and brake light on my R1100S and it looked great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 2006, 11:59 pm
Enthusiast

ody2002,

these are from clear alternatives. they are on backorder but we should have some by next week. i will let everyone know how well they fit/work once they arrive.

regards,

ken zeller
evoluzione cyclesports
www.evoluzione.net
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2006, 7:14 am Thread Starter

I went ahead and bought the pair on eBay that ody2002 cited, rather than wait for evoluzione's backordered item, and will post a review when I receive them. Total cost including shipping within the US was $65.44. The seller's ebay store can be found at http://stores.ebay.com/Xtreme-Discount-Cycle

Horning from Germany has silver-coated 12v/10w bulbs for the K12S that illumate amber on their website at
http://hornig.i-netsolutions.de/?pag...&artsubgrp=164
for 5,95 EUR each. These are pricey, plus the 22,00 EUR shipping charge to the US makes them out-of-sight if that is all you're ordering.

Does anyone know a supplier of the coated 12v/10w bulbs within the US?

Also, Xtreme Discount Cycle has a lot of smoked tail lights for other bikes on their website, but not for BMW. A smoked lens might look pretty good on the K12S to tone down the baboon butt look of the stock setup.

Anybody have any thoughts or know of a source?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 2006, 8:03 am

Silver Vision I had the Phillips Silver Vision bulbs in my last bike.

I'll wait for Ken to test fit and evaluate, then I can maybe sneak in a reduced clutch pull kit in my order.

Last edited by sportrider; Jan 10th, 2006 at 8:51 am.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2006, 7:59 am
Veteran

Clear Alternatives now has both the clear and smoked front turn signals in stock.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2006, 8:26 am

Thanks Erik...

Do you know which type of bulb we need for the front signals.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2006, 9:43 am
Veteran

Clear Alternatives supplies amber bulbs with the lenses. The bulb is a wedge type. I need to go to an auto parts store to get an actual part/type number. I'm hoping that I can find a silver type bulb. FWIW I ordered the clear version. To my eye the smoked looked... dirty.. that's the only way to describe it.. they have pictures of both on their site.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2006, 10:11 am

Yea, I like the clear too and they match my ca lenses in the rear...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode