K1300s PCV install - SoCal tech day anyone? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2010, 2:55 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Question K1300s PCV install - SoCal tech day anyone?

Hey guys,

Looking to install a PCV on the K13s and thought I'd throw out an invite to any locals who might like to come by and either help or stand back, point fingers and laugh.

I'm not a mechanic, more of a hobby wrencher. I have a decent range of tools, workspace and a garage with computer/internet access and a bar fridge full of beer.

I've done some reading and totally expect that this will be about a 5-6 hour job (taking my time) - maybe shorter if someone who's done this before shows up and provides some guidance.

Haven't set a date yet, just putting feelers out to see if anybody might be interested.

Cheers,
-Jack

rhinoWErX
IBA #30079
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2010, 12:28 pm
Sheep

Jack,

The place that did my PC5 custom tuning does install on any year/brand of bike, and he plainly states that the most time/labor intensive bikes to work on are the faired K-bikes of which they've done quite a few... took them 4+hrs including the 2hrs on dyno. So you can figure at least that if taking your time with some help.

The PC5 will not show its peak potential using a canned tune from DynoJet. Highly recommend getting the bike custom-mapped. Yes it costs, but it's worth it. Dyno time is not cheap, but very effective when doing individual bikes.

Good luck in your efforts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 2010, 12:56 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Cool

Thanks Sheep,

I have a good tuner, who's done work for me before, and plan to take the bike to him once the PCV is installed. He can also install the PCV for me. However, I'm interested in doing it myself as a way to get to know the bike a bit better.

Planing a road trip for the week after Thanks Giving > Long Beach to Kingman, AZ, Grand Canyon, Page, Vegas, Beatty, NV, Death Valley and home. Looks like this project will have to wait until I get back.

Cheers,
-Jack

rhinoWErX
IBA #30079
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Enthusiast

Rhino, How did your install go? Who on the west coast did you have to do your tuning? Its a ways down to LB from here, but maybe your tuner knows reliable folks up this direction (Leo Vince?), seriously considering the PCV.

Jim Douglas
'00 K1200RS >135,000 mi, '09 K1300S sold @ 22,232 mi
'93 K1100RS traded up @ 78,000 mi, '85 K100RS sold @44,000 mi, Kawi 650 track bike - sold
http://www.seagullbb.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode