Juice Box Pro vs PCV - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2011, 4:51 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Juice Box Pro vs PCV

I'm planning on adding a slip on exhaust and possibly a fuel controller on my 2009 K1300S. I finally settled on a Leo Vince titanium (part #8215) but they are discontinued, and have new model coming out in a couple of months, so now I'm not sure what to get, but probably Remus or Two Bros.?
The big question is: Does anyone have any experience with the Two Bros. Juice Box Pro?
It's compatable with Power Commander maps, custom maps, etc., and can hold 10 maps, and allows for changing percentages in fuel mixture, but I can't really explain it all? It's supposed to be easy to install, and saw it done on You Tube, but not on a K1300S. Can anyone fill me in? It seems like everyone is familiar with PC, but can anyone here honestly have experience with both?

Much appreciated,

Tom

78 Kaw Z1R 1000, 84 Yam 650 Turbo, 01 Suz GSXR 1000, 03GSXR 1000, 04 Yam R 1
Now Riding: 2009 K1300S Gray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2011, 8:24 am
Addict

The install instructions should be downloadable online, but I would think that it would be similar to the PCV's install. Wires are run a certain way because they have to be, not because the company feels like making it a difficult install.

2006 K12R Aluminum - 6/2007~current
-ESA, ABS, heated grips, sport bags.
-PCIII w/ dyno tuned street map
-Leo Vince Ti silencer
-HID main light
-HID aux lights
-dual air filters
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2011, 6:40 am Thread Starter
Noob

Yep, the way they're both wired is about the same, and I've seen instructions on both, but not on my specific model. I've installed a PC III on a Yamaha R1, and it was easy, but seems I can't find anyone that knows much about the Juice Box, to compare the two. I guess I'll leave it up to the shop that will be dyno and mapping the bike. They're the ones that gotta make it work, so it will be up to them as to which one I end up with? Thanks for the input.
Tom

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Sheep

It's far more important to get an experienced, reliable dyno tuner who doesn't inflate #'s than to fuss over which brand fuel module. I've got the PC5 and the tuner (17yrs exp and engineer/racer) turned this thing into something so much more enjoyable. He's over 200mi away but the only one I'd trust on Katie (he tunes all brands of bikes).
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2011, 7:25 am Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for the info. on this post and others. I've read your post on increase hp etc., I think it was Redline that did yours, and I talked to them a while back, but so far away. I think I found a reputable one MPH, in Cleveland, Oh., and will most likely get it done. They also suggested the PCV, so that's what I'll be getting too.
Tom

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 2011, 9:47 am
Enthusiast

I agree that it's better to spend time finding the best tuner, but I'd have to give the PC the edge. More experience in the market, and more tuners familiar with the PC. TwoBros makes good equipment, but their JuiceBox is a new product.

I have the PC III USB on my K12S. I posted dyno results on this site recently. You should be able to see what you might expect in rwhp and torque gains. Installing was mostly plug in, but the injectors and the O2 sensor were a bitch to get to. I had one of my buddies with better "hands" than me do it for me. Still took about 4-5 hours.

Very much worth it in the end.

FYI I have a Remus CF can that I like pretty well, but one of my riding buddies has a Araprovich CF on his K12R, and if I had to do it over, I'd go with the Arapovich. It has a deeper sound. I've ran many TwoBros on various bikes. I like them, but haven't heard any on a K-S.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode