Advice: Buying 09 K1300s w/ 29K Miles - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2011, 10:20 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Advice: Buying 09 K1300s w/ 29K Miles

Hi:

I found a used 2009 K1300s in the LA area for about $9K. Never been down, very clean except for a minor scratch from what looks to be a driveway drop. Maintenance was done at local motorcycle shop. It is a consignment bike as the owner is travelling. I spoke to the owner who used to rent the bike to european travellers and he really seemed to know the bikes well. Gave me all the history, I got a good vibe from him.

Anyway, ok deal? Anything to watch out about? I have confirmed the recalls being done at the dealer. It is still under warranty.

I'm thinking about buying this weekend and will be travelling about 400 miles to do so.

Any tips/advice? How many miles can I go before I'll need to do expensive work? Buy an extended warranty? Should I preemtively replace the soon-to-explode clutch cover?

Thanks for any timely info you can provide!
-Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 18th, 2011, 8:32 am
Addict

seems like a lot of miles for a bike that's only two years old and i don't like the fact the owner rented the bike out. while the bike might look clean with the bike being rented out you can almost guarantee the bike was ridden hard. i don't know if 9 grand is a good deal or not so if i were you i'd check www.kbb.com and see what an 09 w/29K miles is worth before handing over any cash. what accessories does the bike come with? does it have bags, ESA, quick shifter, stability control etc? i think i would pass because the owner rented the bike out but if you decide to buy i would certainly go with an extended warrenty.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode