Seven Years With the K1200S - A Celebration Ride - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 12:44 am Thread Starter
Addict

Seven Years With the K1200S - A Celebration Ride

Have never owned a bike for so long. It has exceeded in every measure mattering to me. Last year I needed to replace the headlamp bulb, and I lost a fuel strip. That's it. Many shared memories with this bike. So, a ride to celebrate the 7th year anniversary since bringing it home. I treated it to a very special road and ride where it could run free.

On the way to the "special" road there is the pause atop 11,306ft. Berthoud Pass. We're looking north here and to get to where we are going, we'll have to suffer through that coiled road below. From the cell phone...

At the bottom of the pass, looking back from Winter Park at what was descended...

Well, there is that side of me fascinated with the reflections of history, so along the way I treasure hunt two locations a photographer stood at long ago. The Swedish built this church 100 years ago in the North Park community of Fraser. About 70 years ago...

A few days ago...

Now how about this. Granby almost 90 years ago...

The Granby/Grand Lake area is the gateway to the western sides of Rocky Mountain National Park. Several quick dashes into the traffic, and this image came closest to what is above...

All righty then! Berthoud Pass was tasty, finding the old locations was sweet, but these were just appetizers along the way. The KS and I are here for the main course... the great, lonely, sweeping, twisting, Colorado 125 up and over Willow Creek Pass. The pass is modest, the road is not. If you ever wander this way on two wheels, it will be you and the road alone in a dance.

Here's the map link of this anniversary ride. We'll be enjoying the kinks south of the "B"... http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US...sz=11&t=m&z=10

A capture from the vid. Oh, a bug sideswiped the side of my helmet and it subsequently and delightfully disintegrated into three pieces on the cam lens. At least it had the presence of mind to separate mostly to the sides!...

If up for a minute or two, or the whole six minute recording... http://youtu.be/BDENRaDvtAA

So on the return I give the thoroughbred a breather with a pause on the western side of Rocky Mountain National Park. On the horizon are the southern peaks of the park...

And you know, one of my finest lunch destinations is a bench outside, munching away while life passes by, and perhaps gazing at, oh, what brought me there. Back at Granby. An HDR (3 EV bracketed) capture. Thanks for the seven...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 10:49 am
JCW
contributor

Mine is a keeper too. I just need to get it fixed...

I'm getting red x's, though, for your pictures.

Your pics are always first rate.

'06 K1200R- in pieces
'73 Honda CB500F- slow but fun.
'77 Yamaha XS 750 triple- kinda
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 9th, 2012, 11:12 am Thread Starter
Addict

Yes, a keeper. Perhaps reload the page? The images are there. And get the bike fixed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 19th, 2012, 7:43 pm
Noob

My K1200s and I are still getting to know one another. I've had it for about 6 months and 3K miles. So far, I couldn't be happier with it. I'm no stranger to Berthoud Pass as we ski WP about 3 times a year. Some buddies and I have been trying to get our schedules to coincide for a ride out there and your pictures are giving me the bug again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode