Clock Setting Problem - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 2012, 1:11 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
Clock Setting Problem

I just upgraded to an 07 K1200S from my trusty 98 K1200RS. I noticed the clock time was wrong when I test rode it, but failed to ask the seller about it and now I realize that when I push the setting button that it does not go into the time set mode. Anyone had any issues with this and found a solution?
By the way, I loved the RS but I think I am going to love the S even more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 2012, 7:33 pm
Veteran

Is it going into the instrument brightness setting instead? If I remember right you just push the button once quickly it goes in to clock mode, this should all be the same as my 07 GT.

EDIT checked my manual, no you press and hold the button and it should go in to the clock mode, pressing it once goes into dimming mode.

"No problem is so big or so complicated that it can't be run away from"

Dark Graphite: Making bikes faster for over 40 years.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Dec 16th, 2012, 1:39 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
Finally figured it out

So after reading the owners manual numerous times and attempting to adjust the clock I just assumed there was a problem with my clock. Today I decided to take another stab at it and I followed the owners manual, but instead of using the small rubber covered button next to the display face, I held down the INFO button on the left hand grip. Low and behold, holding that down put the clock in the setting mode and worked just like the owners manual described the button next to the display. So obviously the owners manual is wrong (at least for my bike). At any rate I am now happy that I have an accurate clock to monitor my morning commute, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 2013, 12:37 am

If I understand you, the little button next to the display changes your trip odometers back to zero depending on which one is up on display.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode