Flashing brake light on at all times... - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 2013, 12:47 am Thread Starter
Rookie

Flashing brake light on at all times...

Hi I have that retrofitted additional LED brake light that flashes few times before coming on. It is now not working when brakes applied and light stays on even when the bile is turned off and key removed from ignition....

I have not done any modifications, just noted that the brake light stopped flashing and coming on when brakes applied several days prior to this last issue of light being on at all times.

Any clews are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2013, 8:08 am

Mine did the same thing and it was ended up being ABS related. Needed a new ABS drain, pump whatever the stupid way too expensive thing was.
Do you have the wiring hooked up the the regular brake like under the tail behind the seat?
Try checking those wires, maybe something just came loose or got shorted.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 2013, 10:29 am
Noob

If it turns out being the ABS module keep in mind that there is a place that rebuilds them at a fraction of the cost of a new one. I used a place in Moscow, Idaho (not sure of the state). I'm out on the road right now but I posted something about it in the blog below if you want to check. Mine is still working after a few months.

tsp
My MC Blog

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode