Dead Integral ABS 2 Module Wanted - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Nov 26th, 2013, 4:28 am Thread Starter
Noob

Dead Integral ABS 2 Module Wanted

Hi All

Hoping someone out there may have a Continental Teves Integral ABS 2 Module that has died.

Looking to see if I can do anything with one. I have one that crapped out and it was the so called stuck brushes. But I did not check the brushes were stuck, just went ahead and did the repair.

Put the repaired module back on the bike and all was fine for a few days. Then the dreaded solid brake failure warning was back on and only residual braking.

Took unit off the bike and bench tested the module motor and all was fine. But on the bike using GS-911 it was still saying that power supply to pump motor was faulty.

Hopefully if I can sort out this problem, which I think I have a good idea off the problem. I think it is more than the brushes not making contact.

So if anyone is prepared to donate a dead unit I will keep you posted.

Willing to pay the postage.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 2013, 10:36 pm
Rookie

Do you have the servo assisted brakes?

On my 2005 K12s I was able to revive my ABS, removed the pump and then removed the 2 servo motors, full cleaning of the motors with brake clean, also reversed the polarity of the motors on the bench and ran them in reverse of their normal rotation. I also found that the push on connectors that power the servo motors was very loose, I pinched down the push on female spades and they were significantly tighter. Reassembled and replaced, all worked again (my original problem was the rear servo motor would only work sporadically at best.

One other interesting thing, the dealer said they completely flushed the system to see if that would get the pump going, when I flushed and bled I was still getting quite a bit of darker brown fluid out.

Hopefully that helps you out if we have the same pumps...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2014, 3:00 pm
Noob

What likely happened is that the jogging movements in taking out and replacing the ABS jarred the brushes enough that they recontacted the motor commutator which is why it worked for a few days.

I am on the K1200GT forum where I posted a long thread of how to repair the stuck brushes. There is one member who hits the ABS with a hammer when the brushes stick and it then works for a few days riding!

Do contact me offline if you want need elaboration as to how I did the repair.

Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode