ABS Pump Running - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2014, 3:57 pm Thread Starter
Noob

ABS Pump Running

Just came back from my dealer after having some software updates done to my 05 K1200s ecu. Mainly the updates were done to recalibrate my ESA. However; after the work was done the mechanic mentioned the ABS pump was getting "stuck" and running continually. No abs faults were showing and they were actually baffled. The dealership has been around for a very long time and the service mgr has probably forgotten more about BMW;s than most will ever know. Anyone out there ever have this issue? I rode home bout 20 miles and didn't notice any problems. I put the bike on the center stand turned the ignition on and pulled on the brake lever. No continual running, just the "normal" whine when you pull the lever or at initial key turn. Any help / insight would be great. The dealer was going to do a "poom" (sp)? ie send an email to BMW and ask for some help. The voiced some concern that the brakes may lock while riding? I have to think that cant / wont happen and that if there are no faults it may be something mechanical. Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode