Replacing BMW Badge - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 2014, 1:01 am Thread Starter
Noob

Replacing BMW Badge

Help please fellow owners!

Last week I lost the BMW logo on the right hand fairing of my bike (K1300S). Not the whole unit - just the blue & white logo which sticks to the chrome plastic circle by a single piece of double sided tape. (The bike wasn't out of my sight so it must have blown off?).

I've purchased a new badge ($62Aud) and removed the fairing but before I attempt to remove the old one does anyone have any experience doing this, please?

Look forward to hearing from those more mechanically savvy than me.

Cheers,

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 2014, 5:05 pm
Enthusiast

I don't believe there are any screws/nuts. Many people just use a strand of fishing line (monofilament) and "saw" it back and forth until it passes completely through. 3M adhesive remover spray will clean the leftovers. Clean it with rubbing alcohol and apply the new one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Message sent from my Radio Shack TRS-80 using a keyboard and electricity.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 2014, 1:37 pm
Addict

Yep, ive done it.

Gday John.
Ive replaced mine with Carbon Fibre roundels. Easy job. The whole Assembly is attached with pins and nuts . The long wings that the roundel attaches to has a plastic pin and nut that you can get to without removing the fairing . May need an 8 mm spanner to remove.or mk 1 fingers.
There is double sided tape and two plastic pins on the roundel.. Simple job to do.
Best wishes from Cairns.

Ken

Nth Queensland
AUSTRALIA

2005 K1200S

Last edited by baytown; Sep 20th, 2014 at 1:44 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Noob

I replace mine with LED roundels, and I used a thin feeler gauge to work behind the original emblem to get it off, then drilled through the center core to feed my wiring, it works as side running lights as well as flashers and signals. I mounted mine with full 3M molding tape backing and clamped overnight. They are rock solid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kraaylrzab...F0946.JPG?dl=0

Last edited by JVezirian; Nov 15th, 2014 at 8:48 pm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode