Aftermarket Rear Sets - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 4th, 2014, 11:23 am Thread Starter
Noob

Aftermarket Rear Sets

Even at 6'6" tall my unmodified 2009 K1300S is a decent fit for me. I can put in 300 miles or so before the legs get cramped. I am curious if anyone has installed the HP, Sato (or other) rearsets and did the expense get you the extra leg room that you were looking for? They sure do look better then stock but the adjustability doesnt seem to justify the small amount of extra space gained. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 2014, 6:53 am
Noob

I bought some $99 "drop-pegs" off EBay; the kind that do a Z, drop 35mm and can rotate...
No good. The mounts stick out so far on the right side that I couldn't reach the brake pedal.. and they contacted my ankle all wrong, and the pegs themselves were very stubby. I didn't even try the left side.. they'll have to go back.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 2014, 8:24 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Thanks for your response bandit.

Judging by the lack of response to this post I am going to assume that there are not too many people putting aftermarket rearsets on the K1300s. Im not sure the $600+ is worth a half inch of legroom but if I do take the plunge I will let you know how they feel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 15th, 2014, 11:43 am

I have been running the HP rearsets for nearly 40K miles. They don't give any more legroom. The lowest position is nearly the the same as stock.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 15th, 2014, 9:16 pm
Noob

Not sure if will help you but I have a combination of Verholean adjustable 40mm peg units on my K1200s and drop pegs, then lever extenders on the brake and shifter, sets my foot down and back, the extenders actually work well with my boots and the angle is perfect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe6iwj2ova...F0949.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrhywi1unq...F0955.JPG?dl=0
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 2014, 10:56 pm
DOA

I raised the front of my seat 3/8".
It does not sound like much and is not all that noticeable until I stop after a 500+ mile day and my legs are not stiff at all. The small height and angle change are just enough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode