CIP Software Upgrade (6.0)
I've been so focused on culling the news sites and RSS feeds for BMW news around the new K1200GT, I missed this little gem from last week
Service Bulletin: 00 003 06 (016)
There is new software for the K40 series engines (K1200S/R along with most of the other new bikes). See my added comments in Red
CIP CD6.0 includes the following new additions:
Integration of the I-stages K024-06-01-500 and K024-06-01-510
- Added support for the following motorcycles: F 800 S (K71S) F 800 ST(K71ST) R 1200 GS Adventure (K25/02) R 1200 RTPolice (K26SF) R 1200 S (K29) K1200 GT(K44)
- Updated program and data releases for K2x and K4x (K2x is the R1200 platform, K4x is the new slant-4 K1200 platform)
- Function for buffering and automatically transferring the current odometer reading when replacing the "KOMBI" (instrument cluster) control unit for K2x and K4x models
- Automatic buffering and write-back of the service-interval reading for the valve-clearance check as part of the routine for programming the BMS-K for the K4x and K7x (K7x is the F800 platform)
- BMS-K power-output change now enabled for all EU motorcycles (Does not apply to US models)
Note that last part -- I think that's how BMW limits power on bikes in countries that limit BHP.
BTW, if anyone has the update installed, please feel free to write up a review.
Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'06 K1200GT Crystal Grey
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
"I can make a woman orgasm so hard she screams out random numbers. Those numbers end up being winning lottery numbers."
Last edited by eljeffe; Apr 7th, 2006 at 7:37 pm.