Dyna Beads recommendation? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 2015, 7:28 am Thread Starter
Noob

Dyna Beads recommendation?

Newby here. Does anyone use Dyna Beads to balance their wheels. I run Pilot Power 3's and am tired of my rims being marred from the stick on weights? I redline my beauty a couple times a month. DB only recommends to 130. Do they create dangerous heat at 170+? Recommendations are appreciated.

Tks, Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 2015, 6:19 pm
Enthusiast

Garage
A large can of worms here.

Many claim they work, many don't.

Taking off the stick on weights if not done carefully with a plastic scrapper will mar the rims.

If you are having a shop do your tire changes they should be responsible to do it carefully.

I had a shop mess up my rims doing a tire change, brought to the attention of the service manager. He said they came in that way, went to see the sales manager, who I bought the bike from six months before. I had the tires changed from Bridgestones when I bought the bike as I have never had good luck with Bridgestones (front cupping). He brought a copy of the sales order with the tire serial numbers to the service manager. The tires taken off were that set. I got new rims and they got a new service manager.

'07 K1200GT Crystal Gray Metalic
'00 Ducati 900 Monster
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 2016, 6:18 pm

I have been running Dyna Beads for a long time. I've had it over 150 with them but not long enough to build up a lot of heat. The tire swells from centrifugal force at high speeds and it would be bad if it flew apart at that speed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode