Mixing up Sportecs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 3:31 pm Thread Starter

Mixing up Sportecs

Anybody tried pairing an M3 rear with an M1 front yet? The way the K12 chews up tires it won't be long until I get things even again (halfway through my third M1 rear at 7700 miles), but I got another half-life on the front M1 I hate to waste but I'll be changing rear again soon...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 4:27 pm
"DELIVERS"

Ideally you shouldn't mix tread designs. Since money doesn't seem to be an issue judging by the way you're eating up your rears, why not get one more M1?

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 10:14 pm Thread Starter

mixing tires

It's only partly the $; it's also the principle. I've been wanting to get away from M1's hoping for more tire life. If none of them will give me better mileage I guess I could stay with them - the price came down. Just wanted to try a new type of tire, and heard M3's lasted longer. It's all probably bullshit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2006, 10:45 pm

I run Bridgestone BT014 on the rear and got 3200 miles out of it. Thought that was pretty reasonable, and I like the tire.

I ran Metzler Rennsports on the Busa and the rear was toast around 1600 to 1800 miles. Did change it from the 190/50 to a 180/55...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2006, 2:18 pm
"DELIVERS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by logoguy
It's only partly the $; it's also the principle. I've been wanting to get away from M1's hoping for more tire life. If none of them will give me better mileage I guess I could stay with them - the price came down. Just wanted to try a new type of tire, and heard M3's lasted longer. It's all probably bullshit.
I'm on M3's now but I don't think I could advise you on mileage...I was getting over 10,000 miles on Pilot Powers before, so my riding style is definitely different than yours...I also wanted to try the M3's since they are Metzeler's answer to the Powers IMO....4000 miles so far.....hope you get better mileage than you did with the M1's.

'04 GT...Orient Blue...Staintune...Ohlins...Power Commander

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode