K bike maintenance and winter stands - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2016, 11:01 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K bike maintenance and winter stands

Hello. I am new to this forum and my new (well new to me) 2008 k1200s. I did all maintenance on my older motorcycle myself and would like to do the same with k1200s. It has the single swing out leg but not enough for maintenance. I saw that there are a few OEM and non center stand options.... But at those prices there are also single arm rear and front stands. Please let me know if there are any triple tree stands available for k1200s and what manufacturer makes it. Thank you in advance, looking forward to this community's infinite wisdom and experience.

Thank you, Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 2016, 9:11 pm
Noob

I use a Pit Bull stand that goes through rear wheel.Bike is on stand every night and long term in winter as i have no center stand.Cost me $199.00
Not sure if that helps you?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 2016, 9:51 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyrv
I use a Pit Bull stand that goes through rear wheel.Bike is on stand every night and long term in winter as i have no center stand.Cost me $199.00
Not sure if that helps you?

Thank you for the answer. I saw Pitt Bull offers a choice for k12/13s. I bought one by brand called Black Widow, sold by discountramps dot com. Triple tree type stand seems to not be available at all for our bikes. I'll have to take a look at a generic front stand that hold the fork by the bottom. I am hoping I can take out the front wheel on that kind of a stand for front wheel maintenance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 12th, 2016, 4:17 pm

No problem using a Pit Bull front stand to remove the front wheel. Pit Bull makes a stand specific to the K1200/1300 bikes. Not cheap but very well built and will last forever.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode