Power surprise - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 6:31 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Talking Power surprise

Seems as tho my cousin was riding his 2004 1000RR Honda with some beemer guys that had their S models out and surprised the crap out of him. By surprise means they handled and ran better than he thought. I believe he can out corner them but that is probably rider/weight issue. From what I gather on the 1000 mph plus side neither were outpulling the other. He was kinda impressed with that and I told him the blue/white beemer also looked better.
Later == Bobby

Real Pretty Blue 09KGT
00 REX 1100
01 REX 1200
08 ZX14 Dark Blue Metallic

93 Supercharged Lytnin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2006, 2:59 pm
Veteran

seeing you have an extra zero....ill take it....and add it to my collection...there easy to take care of....they eat nothing and they dont take up any space.....and they wont drink all your beer......nothing like a bmw along side of a honda......at least for a sec.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 8:02 am

First off, I'm not bragging, but I can take many sportbikes including the Busa during my weekend rides. I rather enjoy buzzing them and then whenever we stop, they always approach me to see what kind of bike it was and walk away really impressed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 12:37 pm

I wish I could do that....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 2006, 9:33 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider
First off, I'm not bragging, but I can take many sportbikes including the Busa during my weekend rides. I rather enjoy buzzing them and then whenever we stop, they always approach me to see what kind of bike it was and walk away really impressed.

I got to try the demo S out for 45 minutes fall and it did not feel like the pull your arms off power that the Busa has. I am not saying it was weak but I didn't think it was in the Busa's class. Guess I was wrong but it was one smooth ride.
Later == Bobby

Real Pretty Blue 09KGT
00 REX 1100
01 REX 1200
08 ZX14 Dark Blue Metallic

93 Supercharged Lytnin
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:07 am

I've owned two busa's. The busa's will pull the KS in a straight line but the KS will out handle the busa........The wind protection on the KS is way superior to the busa as well. I passed a zx10 at 160 and got up to 175 and the 10 couln't catch me. The extra torque that the S has pulls real strong up top.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2006, 12:25 am
Addict

Ride an '04 RR. Agree with the experience noted above. The RR would have an edge the twistier the road/track, but this is about it.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2006, 9:02 pm
Rookie

I ride almost daily with an '05 CBR1000RR that has a slip-on exhaust and +2 rear sprocket. My '06 S has evoluzione filters and leo vince CF slip-on. From a roll-on at any speed, the K bike will steadily pull away from the Honda.

This past weekend I ran into a guy on a bone stock '04 Busa. From 75-155 I pulled VERY SLOWLY on him which could easily be attributed to the rider...but DAMN what a boost for the ego
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2006, 11:34 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceThePower
I ride almost daily with an '05 CBR1000RR that has a slip-on exhaust and +2 rear sprocket. My '06 S has evoluzione filters and leo vince CF slip-on. From a roll-on at any speed, the K bike will steadily pull away from the Honda.

This past weekend I ran into a guy on a bone stock '04 Busa. From 75-155 I pulled VERY SLOWLY on him which could easily be attributed to the rider...but DAMN what a boost for the ego
Interesting... Both bikes in 6th gear?
Wonder how that would turn out in 3rd gear...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2006, 1:20 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacKen
Interesting... Both bikes in 6th gear?
Wonder how that would turn out in 3rd gear...
As far as the Busa...who knows what gear he was in...but he definately had downshifted.

In my previous races Vs. the CBR1000RR we both started in 2nd and then in 3rd gear with the same outcome. For sh*ts and giggles we did another roll-on (just for you!) with both of us in 6th gear/65mph. This is where the +2 rear sprocket REALLY helps the 1kRR (or any chain driven bike for that matter) He pulled steadily on me at first, and it took quite awhile for me to start regaining lost ground, but I still hand't caught up by the time we shut them down. Kind of an apples/oranges matchup...but there you have it.

On a side note, bone stock '05 ZX10R, both of us in 4th gear, he stays pretty much next to me. The ZX10R really is a much faster bike out of the box than the 1000RR. Anyway, all of this was done on closed course etc. etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode