6.0 software and MRA windscreen updates - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 3:14 pm Thread Starter

6.0 software and MRA windscreen updates

Asked dealer last week if my '05 qualified for the ABS line alert issue I read about in a letter from BMW. He said it didn't but I should bring it in for the new software upgrade (which I was going to ask him about, but didn't even have to). So I had it done, and except for the fact that it won't take a charge from the charger anymore, and there's that burble on decel, both discussed already on this forum, it made a significant difference. Bike seems happier, easier to shift with way less clutch, smoother winding out lower gears, and peppier than before - or maybe I'm just riding it a lot harder. With full Remus ti system and evoluzione race air filters I've gotten used to the amazing power this thing has, but now it's scary all over again. Crank it wide open in any gear 1-4 and it's a religious experience. Also switched from MRA touring windshield (worse than stock for me at 5'10 1/2 - more wind noise and blast on neck) to MRA race shield - quieter, less turbulence, noticeably calmer back there. A bit like the old days hiding behind the big fat Luftmeister on my 100/7 as long as I take it easy on the throttle. Race screen doesn't look quite as pretty as the touring screen IMHO, but the big grin on my face is what matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 7:20 pm
Enthusiast

Thoughts??

So, do you think the MRA Race is better than the stock or visa versa - at reducing turbulence (certainly not in the looks department)??

I just put my stock back on and took the MRA Touring off. At 6', the stock is better for me than the touring was, although I will miss the looks and in the winter i will miss the windblock - I wont miss the turbulence.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 10:38 pm

wind screen

I am looking for ways to reduce wind noise and ear fatigue on long trips, at 5'10' do the MRA shields work for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 11:01 pm Thread Starter

windscreen comparo

Remember I experienced a week or two of the touring screen between the stock one and the MRA race screen, but at 5'10" and a bit I found the race screen MUCH better than either. I felt this feeling of calm back there I really hadn't experiences before on this bike. It's quite nice.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2006, 11:05 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenn75820
I am looking for ways to reduce wind noise and ear fatigue on long trips, at 5'10' do the MRA shields work for me.
Wear earplugs...........you'll be a lot happier.........
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 7:05 am
Addict

I have the MRA race sceren too - I like it alot and it seems just right in the wind management dept. and it looks good.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2006, 7:52 am
Just saying hey

Vario

If that's the race screen on your bike in the picture, it look just like the base screen used on the vario with out the spoiler mounted to it. I know for sure the vario base screen is not the same as the touring screen. I have taken the spoiler off my vario and it is a little quieter but I have it back on because of the protection in the cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportrider
I have the MRA race sceren too - I like it alot and it seems just right in the wind management dept. and it looks good.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 7:12 am
Addict

Even though it's the race version, it is a couple of inches taller than stock.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode