MRA Double Bubble or Vario Sports Touring screens - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 2:07 am Thread Starter

MRA Double Bubble or Vario Sports Touring screens

Came to the conclusion yesterday that while the standard screen is fine for Aroadwork it's not up to the job of high speed motorway munching. MRA seem to have the best recommendations and I've had a double screen before on my old bike so am familiar with the added protection they provide. But what about these vario sports touring screens?

Any views either way as to how effective they are. BTW I'm 5' 11" average build so the wind blast on the standard screen is hitting me plumb on the helmet and my shoulders although my chest is out of the airflow.

BMW K1200S
BMW HP2 Sport
Yamaha WR 250
www.bbot.co.uk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2006, 9:17 am
Just saying hey

The Vario

I have the Vario and am 6'1". It offers much more protection than the stock screen and is adjustable. However, for me it adds a little but more noise the further up I adjust the spoiler. If you remove the spoiler it is basically the MRA race version. I dig the blacked out lower part that hides the guages. I am back to using the stock screen as I am really sensitive to the noise (even with plugs in). I don't need the extra coverage until next winter. Gonna sell the Vario.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode