K12S tires? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 2017, 12:47 pm Thread Starter
Noob

K12S tires?

Well, I've put about 11k miles on my bike since I bought it, and its getting to be time for a new rear tire. I put Michelin Pilot Power 3's on shortly after I bought the bike (2 separate road hazard incidents = bad month) and have been pleased with them in every way. Especially tread life. I'm realizing I might do a little more riding in the wet this next year (I want to be prepared should I get caught in it) and am looking for recommendations.
What are y'all running?
Details- I live in Nor Cal, so we have decent riding weather year around. Lots of highway riding, but plenty of twisties in the foothills and mountains too. Usually riding alone. Plan to do some longer road trips this summer, so really want to get my miles out of this pair of shoes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160703_151027.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	761.5 KB
ID:	21225  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2017, 1:45 pm
Noob

Just so you at least get a reply. I can not help you with tires. I just bought a 2008 KS and our riding season here in Maine will not be starting soon as we are getting as I type 18-20 inches of snow. I joined this group about a week ago and it seems to me that there are a lot of lurkers and not many responders. Everyone has tires I would have thought you would have gotten many replies. The VMax group I have been part of for years would have come to blows deciding which tires were the best for you bike. Good luck.

Buffalobob 2199
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 2017, 1:06 am
Noob

Michelin Road 3s are good, I run the Road 2s. In NorCal also
Mileage, might want to look at the newer Road 4s; should last 20% longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 2017, 10:30 pm
Noob

I have power 3s and i physically hate the rear. I ride to work a few miles and occasionally a 2 to 3 hour joyride through the twisties and for the road they Suck. these are track tires and i think they never heat up enough outside the track and stay too hard. ive read nothing but good about pilot road 4s and thats what my rear is getting switched to asap
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 2017, 10:51 am
Noob

I had a Metzler on the back of the bike I bought and it was the second tire with only 6800 miles. It was not in good shape so I put on a Pilot Power 3 which only lasted 1000 miles until a nail got it. I put on a Angel GT which I have on my Tuono. Fact is I usually end up getting whatever the dealer I go to has in stock but I like the Angel series but it seems to me that the Road 4 is most recommended for these K bikes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode