Who uses Metzler Roadtech 01s?? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 2017, 5:05 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Who uses Metzler Roadtech 01s??

I heard the Metzler Roadtech 01s are better than Angel GTs which were going to be my next set of tires in a couple of thousand miles.
Anyone have them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2017, 11:45 am
Noob

I use these on my R1000S and think they are brilliant, but im not sure how you will get on with theme on the K bike being 65Kg heavier.
I have Michin's on my KRS and they are good too
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 2017, 3:45 pm Thread Starter
Noob

I'm having second thoughts about them. They look a little too flat for a 55 profile, as do the Angels, and for the K bike you need as much rear lift as you can get. I think the PR4s may be the best thing for this bike in all weather riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2017, 9:56 pm
Noob

I have a 6.0 in rim on my k1200r. I have a 190/50 in the rear now but want to go 55. I just can't decide on what tire. I agree that the Angels look a little flat for a 55. I have the pilots on mine now and it does ok in the twisties, but i'd like a little more.

Any help would be appreciated
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2017, 9:49 am Thread Starter
Noob

55 Pilots are a little too triangular for these bikes. Allot of people don't like them. I had them on another sport tourer which needed rear lift, and were sensitive to a v or triangular shape as well, and they sucked. For touring I'd stick with the PRs.
There's some guy on the other forum, Beach, who sells these well made links which lift up the rear end a bit to get sharper steering. Keep in mind you loose some high speed stability though.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 10th, 2017, 5:08 am
Noob

Hi, for the last year I have used the Metzeler Roadtec 01 on my R1200RT and drove 10000 miles on them and there was still a little miles back on them, I tried them because the German magazine Motorrad (largest motorcycle magezin in Europe) voted them for best touring/sport tires in 2016, and I think they were great, this year (2017) the test said that Conti roadattack 03 is the best and the Metzeler Roadtec is on a second place, but they also write that Metzeler Roadtex 01 is the best allround tires for those who drive from spring to fall. In case some will use the Roadtec 01 have in mind that if you have a heavy bike you should use the version HWM (Heavy weight motorcycles)

The test of Touring/sports tires from May 2017 says. #1. Conti Road Attack 3. #2. Metzeler Roadtec01. #3. Pirelli Angel GT. #4. Michelin Pilot Road4. #5. Dunlop Roadsmart lll. #6. Bridgestone T30 Evo

Best regards Tom H. Denmark

Last edited by TomH; Jul 10th, 2017 at 5:53 am.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode