Why K1200 S's for sale - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 4:00 pm Thread Starter

Cool Why K1200 S's for sale

I'm just curious, I have been looking around at Other K-Bikes for sale and I have noticed quite a few 2005-2006 K1200 S's for sale. Many that are loaded with lots of extras.

Why do you think that is, they have low miles on them also? To many problems?

Leon K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 5:40 pm
Statmaster

Two reasons (according to my dealer):

1. Rider couldn't get comfortable with the S ergos.

2. The bike was just too powerful (I'm not kidding - I was there)

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 6:49 pm Thread Starter

Older Vs Younger

It would seem that if ergos and power were the main reasons, then one could assume that the younger are not purchasing the new K1200 S, and the real soles and young at heart and mind are who is buying them, and finding out there bodies aint what they use to be.

I have to admit, I love the way the New K1200 S looks and handles. It temps me handles I look at one. I get crazy just thinking about having one. But Ohh how I feel that I would be sad when I tried to make it a touring machine. If the insurance was not so exspensive I would have two bikes.

El Jeffe, what do you mean you have been there? splain to me reeky!

Leon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 7:05 pm

I dont think the situation is any different than with any other motorcycle - people buy motorcycles and wind up selling them a few months later all the time for a million reasons - financial, trouble with the wife, change in lifestyle, medical problems, disatisfaction with the purchase, yada yada....

Even though motorcycles like the KS are at the top of the class in terms of price, it is still an impulse buy for a lot of people (as posed to many others who research their buys for years) - sometimes people don't think things thru all that well and realize the purchase was a mistake.

Wouldn't read too much into it - motorcyclists aren't always the best planners
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 7:21 pm
Rookie

There are ZX14's for sale on ebay, and it's only been out for a couple of weeks............
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 8:08 pm
Statmaster

I meant that I was at the dealership when a K1200S owner returned after owning it for 3 days and said "too much power" and traded it in on a new R1200RT.

Become a Supporting Member of K-Bikes.com
'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old May 14th, 2006, 9:56 pm
Enthusiast

Lots of Doctors, Lawyers and other people with too much money, buy the latest and greatest and then dont ride them, sell and buy this years yada yada yada - - -
You could make a living following them around and buying their cast offs.
When I worked in a Porshe dealer there were a bunch of the above who replaced their Porshes every year with 1500 miles on them, what a waste of good iron, and most of them couldn't drive ( ride) worth a crap. But they have the money it seems.
I consider them to be charm bracelet fillers. " see my new - - - " I guess I'm jealous
H
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 12:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerndude
It would seem that if ergos and power were the main reasons, then one could assume that the younger are not purchasing the new K1200 S, and the real soles and young at heart and mind are who is buying them, and finding out there bodies aint what they use to be.

I have to admit, I love the way the New K1200 S looks and handles. It temps me handles I look at one. I get crazy just thinking about having one. But Ohh how I feel that I would be sad when I tried to make it a touring machine. If the insurance was not so exspensive I would have two bikes.

El Jeffe, what do you mean you have been there? splain to me reeky!

Leon
The young ones cannot afford it even if they wanted to. The older ones can and some realise later that their bodies are no longer what they thought could handle such a sporty BMW ;-) And then there are those who always want the latest and greatest for a short while to show off or for the fun of it :-) Hey I know a guy in his thirties currently on a K1200R who has had owned 42 bikes in his riding life. That makes it once every 6 months!

Tim
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 9:46 am

I think some of us are always looking for the next kool bike and the GT fits the bill for many looking at the power plus something setup better for hyper touring. The cruise control was a tempting factor for me but I'm going to stick with the K12S for now. I use an FJR for long distance touring.

'05 K1200S
'05 FJR1300
'05 MV Agusta F4-1000S
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old May 15th, 2006, 12:45 pm
Addict

Speaking of the new ZX-14, I just purchased one, and after 400 miles, I can say without a doubt that it does NOT compare to the S. It may have a higher top speed, but it feels heavier, is bigger and taller, and is not as crisp under 6,000 rpm. I'm probably selling it.

Mal Glanz
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
'09 K1300S
'09 CBR1000RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode