LED turnsignals ? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2017, 2:22 am Thread Starter

Garage
LED turnsignals ?

Has anyone bought and tried, or seen, the chinese replicas of BMW's LED turn signals ? For BMW R1200GS R1200R Front/Rear LED Turn Signal Indicator Light Blinker Long | eBay

Tried/seen the real one's from BMW and can compare them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 2017, 2:53 pm
Noob

my 2 cents is the CAN BUS system on my K1200s ABHORS led ANYTHING.

one smidge of difference and it freaks out. I tried upgrading my brake light with two different "canbus" LED type lights and could not get rid of the LAMPR warnings and I went back to normal bulbs.

plan to fail, and be surprised if they work???
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 2nd, 2017, 1:57 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Lamp warning can be fixed, the cheap way is to buy canbus ready parts or mount a resistor , both canbus ready and the resistor route works the same way. Tricking the canbus by drawing a big current and burning of as heat in a resistor. No plus with this route.
A bit more expensive is to take the bike to a dealer and have them reprogram the canbus to accept the lower current draw, it cost more than resistors but there is also a plus, doing it saves on the amps the bikes draws just by being up and running.

So the lamp warning is an easy fix either way, harder is to find descent LED turn signal indicators when it comes to their light output and looks. The BMW originals are way too expensive when also weighing in the cost to have the bike reprogrammed.

All in all i got a quota of 750USD if i buy BMW parts and reprogram. For indicators thats is just pricey. Then i found the chinese replicas of bmw but i can not find any good video or review on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2017, 6:20 pm
Noob

super brite LEDS is where I usually get my LEDs here in the US... if you wanna go with just bulbs.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 5th, 2017, 1:17 am Thread Starter

Garage
Never heard of them, will check it out. Thanks!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 2017, 7:25 pm
Rookie

For what its worth I recently broke a front turn signal lens and bought a pair of chinese made ones.
They fit perfectly.
I haven't put in any LED lamps tho. I am too lazy to fit the resistors and too tight to pay for reprogramming.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 2017, 8:16 am Thread Starter

Garage
Got my blacked out lenses today for the front turn signals. Have ordered som LED bulbs but they will not arrive for a couple of weeks. The rear i took of the original orange lenses and fitted white ones i had on the shelf from my old f800st.

when testfitting the parts today o got to thinking if there where any place to find w16w incandescant bulbs with chrome effect so that they become invisible , and also Ry10w chrome for the rear.
P21w/5 i now exist and w5w, but never seen w16w and ry10w.

Anybody here that has seen such chrome bulbs?
My googl-fu is not strong enough too find them if they exist. And i would be happy to stay away from LED if i did not have that orange glow when lights are not in use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_141340 (Medium).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	22113   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_141358 (Medium).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	22121  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 2017, 11:48 am Thread Starter

Garage
Ordered but not recieved my Bmw replica turn signals yet, have however got another set i ordered at the same time along with resistors and a adapter for bmw --> bullet connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spir...789266155.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Pc...818950982.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Moto...810957609.html

Payed a total of 33USD including shipping, they where not as small as i thought, but they actually look surprisingly nice and are really bright!
Unfortunally i will have too wait until saturday to mount them on the bike for test. Great that i could find adapters for the connectors, make's it all plug and play.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0414.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	22169   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0415.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	855.6 KB
ID:	22177  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 2017, 12:19 pm Thread Starter

Garage
Change's in my wife's work schedule made it possible to put the things on my bike. I am very pleased with the result.

https://youtu.be/pQBvsbIbxKg
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Oct 3rd, 2017, 5:13 pm
Noob

They look great. How do they look at the mounting point? I am not sure about the S but on the R the mounting point is a long oval inset... Did you have to make mounting brackets?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode