Version 6 Issues - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old May 20th, 2006, 5:43 pm Thread Starter

Version 6 Issues

My wife and I each have '06 K12S's and mine had lots of idling issues before getting the v6 upgrade. Since then it's been great. Hers went in last week and it looks like they blew up the computer. They don't know what to do now.

I've read of lots of these issues on this Forum and the K1200S Forum. Anyone know of any solutions yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 12:33 pm
Enthusiast

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2006, 3:07 pm Thread Starter

Many thanks Racegun. Very informative. I've joined that site and posted a reply. Maybe Faust can help me out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old May 31st, 2006, 9:23 pm Thread Starter

YAHOOO!!! Well it's about bloody time, but the wife has her ride back. Only took 3 weeks.

The solution to our woes was a replacement of the BMK-s module with upgraded software. It seems that this issue is related to the fact that the version of software being run on the GT1 did not have the capability to show that there was activity between the GT1 and the bike's computers. After what seemed like inactivity, the mechanic stopped the process and restarted it. After doing this a few times, the GT1 froze and the bike's unit was trashed. They ended up having to uninstall and re-install the software package on the GT1 so it could be used on other bikes. BMW has updated the GT1 software to include a visual display of the connection and activity between it and the bike now.

All in all the bike runs as good as mine, so we seem to have 2 healthy K12S back in the stable.

My only remaining issue with BMW is their lack of ability to provide alternate transportation while major repairs are being done under warranty. Cars get it, Harley does it, when I was posted in Germany my BMW Motorad dealer over there did it for me...why not in N. America???

Anyway, back to the business of riding again!!! We're planning our first trip in a long while together for this weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode