Another Throttle Lock on the Market.. - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 24th, 2006, 11:20 am Thread Starter

Talking Another Throttle Lock on the Market..

I found another throttle lock on the market...

Check it out at http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/k...lecontrols.htm

It's a Kaoko throttle lock. It's black and has a larger set ring to engage the throttle control then the Throttlemeister.

Price is better at only a 100 bucks! And you only have one side to install.

I was looking for something in black and this works perfect!

Plus, I even ordered one for my F650GS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 12:50 pm
Veteran

please let us know what you think when you get it. My main question is does it engage in the same direction as the throttle being turned on and disengage in the throttle, off direction. I only ask cause I remember back in the day trying a Bob's Wrist Rest and it engaged the oposite direction of the throttle,on. Was impossible for me to work and I ended up with a throttlemeister.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Thumbs up

I have one on my 12GS, love it. The knurled nut has a left hand thread so yes, it locks
in the same direction the throttle opens and unlocks if you roll off the throttle.
Only gotcha is if you crank it off too much it gets kinda stuck against the end of the threads.
I put a rubber washer to prevent that but took it off laster. 5 minute installation
and many times better than those damn tmeister, ymmv

hth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 6:13 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric2
I have one on my 12GS, love it.
How do you find adapting between KS and GS. Looks like you've got most road types covered.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenz
How do you find adapting between KS and GS. Looks like you've got most road types covered.
At first the k bike was punishing, stiff steering damper and front (non-esa) shock
combined with the low speed fueling glitches. It put both hands to sleep on the first
lengthy ride. Still tough on the wrists at low speeds, but a real sweetheart on the highway
and like a lot of bmws it feels better the fast you go

A year later and the K gets better with every ride, especially after the last s/w upgrade
smoothed out the FI issues. I still use the GS for touring because of its better luggage capacity, and a relaxed feel to it. Slightly better range too.

The K bike is a real hoot, and a looker that gets compliments all the time. These are the first 2 new vehicles i've purchased,and i'm pretty happy with them.

Eric
Austin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode