Windscreen K1200S - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 11:07 pm Thread Starter

Windscreen K1200S

i just bought a new 05 demo K1200S, I would possibly like to modify the ergos w/ the Verholen barbacks and a different windscreen. Do any of you know of a aftermarket windscreen that would be a direct install w/ no mods. Z tecnik has one, but it is the same as stock except dark smoke color. Any input on the verholen's

Last edited by kepasa; May 25th, 2006 at 11:08 pm. Reason: misspelled the word color
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old May 25th, 2006, 11:47 pm
Addict

Check out the MRA screens at Pirate's or Twistedthrottle.com. They use the stock location/hardware but the screens are higher than stock. Two versions... a race one that is still higher than stock, and a touring version.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 5:46 am

Thumbs up MRA Windscreen

MRA is good. I use the smoke "double bubble" which moves air about 2" higher than stock. From others heard that the touring and "vario" wing are progressively higher still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old May 26th, 2006, 9:36 am

MRA Touring

I have the MRA smoked touring model and it is great for wind mgmt. I now get the air on the top part of my (Arai) helmet, no buffering at all. Direct replacement with stock shield.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 8:34 am Thread Starter

Mra?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarb
I have the MRA smoked touring model and it is great for wind mgmt. I now get the air on the top part of my (Arai) helmet, no buffering at all. Direct replacement with stock shield.

Do you have a link to the MRA site or marketer? i appreciate the input
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 9:55 am

I have the MRA Variable Tour screen. Works fantastic. I am 6'1" so it really pushes the air up to the helmet when its raised.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 10:25 am

Weird - I thought the standard windscreen was perfect!

Must be because I am a short-arse! (176cm or 5ft 9ins)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2006, 8:20 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, the MRA Vario-screen looks like it would be the answer. I really think the stock screen is excellent w/ the stock handlebars; if I add the Verholen barbacks that will change the wind flow and that is the reason for the Varioscreen. If I go to track day it looks like a simple task to put the stock screen back in place .

Any input on the Verholen barbacks? With the Verholen barbacks can you rotate them downward for better body position at track and then rotate them up for sport touring?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 3:01 am

Also take a look at the Zero Gravity double bubble smoke screen. I just put it on my KS and it is great. Alot better wind protection, while still looking good.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Screen not high enough with new bars

I have both the bar backs and the touring screen (the non adjustable one). They don't work together as well as I thought they would. Its often VERY windy in the Sierra mountains and my neck suffers from the severe buffeting (even at 5'10") I called zero gravity because their sport touring screen is much higher, but they won't make one until its ordered and they want 4 weeks to deliver.

I love the bar adjusters. They are limited in position and tend to extend the brake and throttle cables to the limit. If you don't like the stock position, by all means get the new bars -- but they are not that easy to put on unless your fairly good at holding 4 things in place at once. (My, but the insides of the throttle and clutch bars are full of small easy to drop parts!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepasa
Thanks for the input, the MRA Vario-screen looks like it would be the answer. I really think the stock screen is excellent w/ the stock handlebars; if I add the Verholen barbacks that will change the wind flow and that is the reason for the Varioscreen. If I go to track day it looks like a simple task to put the stock screen back in place .

Any input on the Verholen barbacks? With the Verholen barbacks can you rotate them downward for better body position at track and then rotate them up for sport touring?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode