LED bulbs - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 13th, 2018, 11:44 pm Thread Starter
Noob

LED bulbs

I just installed Inertia LED 1156-18D-180 white bulbs in the taillights on my 2005 BMW K1200S and they are blazing bright and effective, with no CanBus light out indicator problem. I am very pleased and recommend them to others here in Canada and on the K-Bikes.com forum for the price, quality and quick delivery. www.inertialed.com or on Amazon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 2018, 9:43 am
Noob

Nice find! Thanks fo the share, i'll have to check them out!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2018, 9:03 am
Noob

SuperBrightLEDS has a huge selection of LED bulbs and a very good Vehicle Selection Guide that includes motorcycles. You can select the correct type bulb for any socket on the bike, plus get a selection of lumens and colors for that socket. I get the brightest headlights, brake lights and blinkers and the dimmest gage/dash lights. They also have programmable flashers for LED's (for brake lights) for $7. www.superbrightleds.com And excellent service.

Common practice is to use RED LED's behind red lenses, amber LED's behind amber lenses, etc. A 100-lumen red LED puts out only red light. A white 100-lumen LED puts out all colors (wavelengths) only part of that is red. A red lens only lets out the red light. Same with amber. Might as well get all the lumens you paid for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 25th, 2018, 4:45 pm
Noob

Seriously, my post was deleted for what? For saying thanks for the info, but $50 for signal bulbs is a lot?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 2018, 8:15 am
Noob

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceKnapp View Post
I just installed Inertia LED 1156-18D-180 white bulbs in the taillights on my 2005 BMW K1200S and they are blazing bright and effective, with no CanBus light out indicator problem. I am very pleased and recommend them to others here in Canada and on the K-Bikes.com forum for the price, quality and quick delivery. www.inertialed.com or on Amazon

I attempted to use the auto-flashing when stopping LED lights for my tail light, and I couldn't get rid of the CANBUS light out error... so grumpy. went and stuck the regular filament bulbs back in. I think that's my only gripe with the CANBUS system. even with the resistors inline, I couldn't get the bike to accept them without whining.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode