K1300S Tyres? - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zemplar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 2018, 10:44 am Thread Starter
Noob

K1300S Tyres?

Hi, I've no doubt this has been done before... but any recommendations for K1300S tyres? I had Michelin PR3s on a VFR and loved them but there seems to be a question mark over their compatibility with the K1300S. Has anyone used them or got any thoughts please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 2018, 9:24 am
Noob

I have 1 2009 K1300s. I installed a pair of Michelin Road 5 tires in January this year and have been really happy with these. No compatibility issues as far as I can tell. I do a lot of commuting and like to ride aggressively on small curvy back roads - these tires have been confidence inspiring and predictable.

Hope it helps!

Joe

Front Tire Size: 120/70ZR17 58W
Rear Tire Size: 190/55ZR17 75W
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 24th, 2019, 5:45 am
Noob

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcook View Post
Hi, I've no doubt this has been done before... but any recommendations for K1300S tyres? I had Michelin PR3s on a VFR and loved them but there seems to be a question mark over their compatibility with the K1300S. Has anyone used them or got any thoughts please?
I have tried alot of manufactures including Michelin and find the Continental ContiAttacks work best for my style of riding. Great wet and dry grip, solid stability even when well over the 150mph mark and give plenty of warning when they start to fade when riding hard through the turns. They warm up fast and provide plenty of confidence. They are not a high mileage tire, I am content if I can squeeze 3500 miles out of a set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2019, 3:00 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcook View Post
Very broad question not knowing where or how you ride, and what your priorities are.

I personally don't like high-mileage touring tires on my K1300S and prefer softer and sticker tires to keep me planted. The Dunlop Q3+ and Metzeler M7RR are both great choices if you have the same preference. Between those two, the Q3+ is better in the dry while the M7RR is better in the wet.
motogp likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode