Maximum Power Modifications - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 7:01 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Maximum Power Modifications

There was a thread a while back that Ken from Evolutione posted on where he listed the tested engine output for the KS (190+ HP) and mods (including an electronic engine management system @ around $4k - $5K) Can anyone point me to the thread please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2006, 10:48 pm

Well, I did a few searches an couldn't find it so I understand your problem!
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 3:34 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Found what I was looking for - 2 posts by Evoluzione 14 March 06 (Dimsport control box) and 3 Feb 06 (ECU interceptor box). Now that the latest engine management software upgrade is showing definite improvements a little more bang for the buck looks worthwhile. Easily found bolt-on power and torque gains with low speed manners looks good. Opening the engine for head mods is a major undertaking - not attractive.

Last edited by Lenz; May 29th, 2006 at 7:01 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 8:57 am
Enthusiast

how much power is needed

Lenz,
I have to ask... how much power do you want? over 200 hp?

what do you want to use the bike for...riding or picking "fights" to the next stop light?

I ask because 167 to 175 ( crank shaft) is doable with a laser can & chip about for about 6 to 7 hundred dollars US. You would have to get 190 hp ( crank to realy see a difference) after that point.

maybe you need to look to the UJM's?

Just wondering!

look here for lotsa power! http://www.mab-power.de/turbowerksta..._lzgallery_pi1[showUid]=104
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 5:53 pm
DSS

I've been giving power enhansements a lot of throught and have devided that loosing 25 pounds makes the most sense!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 6:37 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS
I've been giving power enhansements a lot of throught and have devided that loosing 25 pounds makes the most sense!

Incredibly wise words. I wish I could loose 40 pounds! That is worth 4 horse power!
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2006, 8:09 pm Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racegun
Lenz,
I have to ask... how much power do you want? over 200 hp?

what do you want to use the bike for...riding or picking "fights" to the next stop light?

I ask because 167 to 175 ( crank shaft) is doable with a laser can & chip about for about 6 to 7 hundred dollars US. You would have to get 190 hp ( crank to realy see a difference) after that point.

maybe you need to look to the UJM's?

Just wondering!

look here for lotsa power! http://www.mab-power.de/turbowerksta..._lzgallery_pi1[showUid]=104
I guess my real issue is an engine hobbled by things like low flow induction and exhaust plus engine management that is compromised by nonsense emission targets. Emission targets for bikes while a "nice thought" have the same effect as an ant on an elephants
arse when compared to the greenhouse CO2 emissions of coal fuelled power and industry. Have a read of "The Weather Makers" by Tim Flannery to get fully informed on the very real issues of CO2 / Greenhouse gas...........unbiased and very relevant.

Enough of my personal irritations, I just see poor design outcomes and can't help myself. You mention a chip to go with a Laser can - what chip would that be ? I've had a look at the Dimsport site for an engine management alternative but have a feeling it would be like opening up a bag full of snakes - you'd better know what you're doing if you want to go there....garbled Italian / English translations of supporting documentation leave me cold.

What is a "UJM"....an Ultra Jooce Maker....I'm just a simple farm boy sir thets easy confused....please tell me what you mean. I'm looking for the most bang for the buck which means non-invasive, bolt-on performance parts. IMHO turbos are more trouble than they're worth.

Last edited by Lenz; May 29th, 2006 at 8:18 pm.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2006, 5:21 am
no power in the 'verse can stop me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenz

What is a "UJM"....an Ultra Jooce Maker....I'm just a simple farm boy sir thets easy confused....please tell me what you mean.
A UJM is a universal japanese motorcycle.

So named because they're all pretty much alike...or were at one time.
The term has been around for a long time, I'm thinking at least since
the 70's.

tim-----still on the right side of the frostline

you can't stop the signal
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2006, 5:34 am Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Had a look at the turbos on that link - awesome engineering and output - a serious ripple effect on transmission and rider skill / healing ability. My wife would be collecting on my life insurance policy if I owned a turbo KS or KR.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2006, 5:42 pm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenz
Had a look at the turbos on that link - awesome engineering and output - a serious ripple effect on transmission and rider skill / healing ability. My wife would be collecting on my life insurance policy if I owned a turbo KS or KR.

I FEEL YA

With Kens stuff...he says 170 to the as$fault...is that enough?

HOW MUCH POWER DO YOU WANT?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode