2006 K1200s turns over/won't start - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2018, 12:42 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Question 2006 K1200s turns over/won't start

Bike sadly sat for the entire summer, tried to start it up, battery was dead. Bought new battery, bike turns over, but won't start. Like it's not getting spark or not getting fuel. Never had a starting issue before except a dead battery, but not a problem starting it after. Bike is well cared for, in perfect condition, only 8800 miles, I've only put about 1k miles over the past 2 years. Never any repair issues, has always run perfect.

Watched video of an older k-bike that sat for a year or such and would turn, but not start. They took the spark plugs out, and squirted 'oil?' into the cylinders. Then put everything back and it starts up. He says the issue is cylinders are dry? IDK?? His is a different bike, the cylinders are on the side, so I don't even know how to get to the spark plugs, LOL!

Thanks for any advice

Revman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 2018, 12:23 am Thread Starter
Noob

Quick update - I talked to the guys @ BMW Motorcycles of Plano, and they believe it's the fuel pump. Can I be so blessed, that when they ran the vin in their computer, it came up that there's a recall for my bike that's not been done, and it's a Fuel Pump recall!! OMG, they're going to replace my fuel pump for free!

I'll update again once it's been replaced, and let y'all know my k-bike is alive again!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2019, 1:03 am

6 months later, did your bike start up? You got to follow up to make the thread work.

Mount Vernon, WA.
tire guy, I'll mount your tires.

Tags
k1200s, turns over, won't start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode