K1200S Wiring diagram needed - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dsrtbiker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2019, 5:08 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
K1200S Wiring diagram needed

I'm looking for a wiring diagram/schematic for my 2006 K1200S or similar years that's the same trying to decode the diagnostic plug,also can anyone help with how to get a service manual for this bike as I like to do most of my own work,Thanks in advance !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Addict

Bmw can bus tool

They are a few companies that make a scan tool that reads BMW CAN BUS. I guess they are on the Net.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 8:00 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
I found Wiring diagrams for all BMW bikes it seems to be the program that the dealer uses,anybody need it pm me,I will send you a link ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 2019, 7:10 pm
Noob

dsrtbiker

I have the service manual (bmw dis would love to have the link to these diagrams. I currently ride a 2008 K1200gt. You can send the link to: [email protected].k) and it does not contain a wiring diagram. I
Much appreciated,
Fred
cclaypool16 likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2019, 3:38 am

Garage
Yeah, Cclaypool,

I could sure use your wiring diagrams. You can send them to: [email protected] The factory is very secretive about any of their electronics, even a simple frame drawing. What's in the Service Manuals is just about useless.

Service manuals are all over the place. You'll find them on eBay and they are pretty cheap; Always on CD. I'm sure they are just pirates of the factory edition. Get one with all models, both 1200 and 1300. That's because there are 1300 parts in your future (mostly Clutch).
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2019, 2:54 pm
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclaypool16 View Post
I'm looking for a wiring diagram/schematic for my 2006 K1200S or similar years that's the same trying to decode the diagnostic plug,also can anyone help with how to get a service manual for this bike as I like to do most of my own work,Thanks in advance !
Buy a Hex Code GS-911 if you want to service your own K-bike. They aren't cheap, but they are invaluable for someone doing their own maintenance. This tool was required to bleed the brakes on my K1300S after changing out my ABS pump (common issues - know ModuleMaster!), and doing that job myself saved thousands.

Why all the support for pirated software and stolen goods? Buy the legal items from those that put the skill & effort together to make them.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 2019, 3:40 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Garage
I call it community sharing with software,not stealing it,especially if I'm using my knowledge and skills to perform this diagnostic service I'm seeking..
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Garage
Zemplar,
We have no way of knowing for sure weather some CD is pirated or not. I'm just voicing my suspicions so come on; give us a break with the highhanded didactic remarks. We're all just trying to get our bikes fixed and I have enough experience with the factories practices to see they have, and continue to make it as difficult as they can for us to work on our own bikes. Example: Have you noticed that very recently, nearly all the Beemer franchise shops have taken the Parts Microfiche off their websites? That's a direct effort to deny you your right to information about a product you own and that constitutes an attack on the very fundamental definition of private property. The local BMW shop refers to it as "Parked". That's an insult to our intelligence.

There is some ugly shit going on with how big corporations treat their customers and it's only going to get worse. I have been on motorcycles for well over 50 years now. Just to contrast how different dealings with bike shops have become, I can remember when the first thing off when you walked in the door of your local shop, they handed you a cold beer and found you a seat.

BTW, You can still find a Microfiche at Bobs BMW and I'm told there is an International site somewhere but I haven't tried to access it yet.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 2019, 1:10 am

Garage
Problem for me is i own a payed copy of the bmw reprom, the electrics are not included, there is a slp 1.2 wiring diagram, up untill 2007 bikes.
Bmw sells a slp 2.2 and states ut covers up to 2008 bikes. Bmw dealer can not tell me if that vd contains my 2009 k1300s or not.
Should i pay 55usd for a cd that i will have no use for if my bike is not included?
A cd that can not be returned once payed for, and the manufacturer can not even answer the question if my bike is included or not?

No way, that drives me to sourcing the info as pirate if that is what you want to call it.

I call bmw methods for scamming, selling stuff without saying what is on the disc or not.. . And then claim no returns on sales.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode