Flashers - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2019, 6:46 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Flashers

Quick question. So on a k12s, above a certain speed which I find is about 45 mph, the turn signals will automatically cancel after 15 seconds. Can this be turned off? Below this speed they stay on until I turn them off. BTW it's a 2005.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2019, 5:19 am
Noob

Garage
It's an option that's coded in the combi,you can change it with NCS expert if you have it and software loaded for k24 daten files !
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 9:13 pm

Garage
cclaypool16,

I saw a YouTube video of Pat Hoffman rewriting code on something for his K-12-S. It looked very interesting. What is this, who makes it and where can I get it? I would have asked Pat but couldn't get a hold if him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceViking View Post
cclaypool16,

I saw a YouTube video of Pat Hoffman rewriting code on something for his K-12-S. It looked very interesting. What is this, who makes it and where can I get it? I would have asked Pat but couldn't get a hold if him.
You can get a hold of him over at I-Bmw.com, Patrique83.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 2019, 7:26 pm

Garage
Mattias_r,
Thank you for the tip. I've been wanting to meet him for a while.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 2019, 8:24 pm
Noob

Garage
I used software called BMW tools you also need a k-dcan obd cable,the daten files for K24 chassis is for our bikes,it will take a lot of research to complete everything,good luck !
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 8:08 am

Garage
OK, So did you get "BMW Tools" from BMW? I take it the cable is to go from your PC to the Bike. Our bikes are K-40s so what's with Daten files for K24 Chassis? Actually, I just figured I'd dabble with the program a little to see what the possibilities are. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll look into it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 2019, 9:35 am
Noob

Garage
Look for and download the program Mike's easy bmw tools,once you get that installed you will need a k-dcan cable and icom-d get the good quality ones on Ebay,then you will need to have the K24 daten files those are for our K1200s and alot other bmw bikes as well,all this will at least get you started,also become a member of BMW coding forum do alot of reading and research,good luck ! PM me any questions and I will try to help ...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Apr 21st, 2019, 2:10 am

Garage
OK; Thank you Cclaypool. I don't yet have any idea what is possible with all this. I just got the bike dynoed last week with a new Power Commander-5 I installed and had them do 2 files; One for the baffle in the muffler and one with the baffle out. That should give me a good baseline so I don't think I'll be writing files for that soon. All this is on my '08 K-12-S with K&N Filters, Air Horns removed, a hand built custom header with an "SC Project" Titanium muffler among some other mods.

What I'd like to try is to write new values to the cambus files to get rid of all the resisters I've got in the line to adjust for the LED and HID bulbs I'm running. I don't know if this can even be done or not. I watched Pat Hoffman change all kinds of values on a video he did a while back.

For anyone planning to have their bike Dyno Tuned; they should install new sparkplugs, get the injectors professionally cleaned or install new, install new Air Cleaners or wash your reusables. In short, the bike should have as recent a tune-up as possible. Also I learned not to fill up on None Ethanol gas. Yes, it is superior and I run it as often as possible but for the times you can't find it on long tours and have to resort to Ethanol gas, you need to have the Dyno work done with Ethanol gas for the testing. It will give a good tune for the Ethanol and perform even better on None Ethanol gas but not if the testing is done the other way around. A None Ethanol Dyno Tune will run like shit on Ethanol gas.

Another issue encountered is the O/2 Sensor. The Power Commander 3 did not incorporate the O/2 Sensor in the program. The Power Commander 5 has to state they use the O/2 Sensor but the fact is, the Sensor can not be used because the way they function is to have the last word on the mixture adjustment which will negate what the Power Commander is trying to accomplish. In reality, all O/2 Sensor-less tune work is technically Track Only tuning. The shops that do Dyno work are operating with a particular license that leaves them just a little wiggle room to tune for street but actually, it's all questionable and I wouldn't be surprised if the EPA slams the lid on all of it eventually. The way it plays out is, Dyno Jet will state they use the O/2 Sensor in the PC-5 because they did get sued by the Gov. The shop doing the testing may have to tell you before hand that they use the O/2 Sensor. They may have to leave it up to the customer to remove the Sensor. A large factor in how this plays out depends on each States emissions laws. At any rate; you will not be using the O/2 Senor in an optimal Dyno Tune.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode