New Member - K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old May 21st, 2019, 1:14 pm Thread Starter
Noob

Greeting all. New to this forum and to K-Bikes as well. Found you all trying to figure out where the heck I-BMW has gone. I got started over there after I bought my first BMW last November.

Anyway, I am a long time rider. Mostly sport bikes. Honda VFR, Suzuki GSXR, Suzuki SV1000S, KTM990 Superduke, KTM RC8R, Ducati 1098S. I test rode a 2013 K1300S a few years ago and liked it immediately for its more relaxed riding position, ABS, traction control, stompin motor and electronic suspension.

I found a 2015 K1300S with 1300 miles on it. Came with Helibars, Kaoko throttle lock and the sport panniers too. It was in showroom condition except, being mostly stored, it had a mudwasp nest in the fairing and 1 mouse chewed wire i had to track down. I am really still in the break-in period. It had the 600 mile service at the dealer and I had it fully serviced and inspected at my dealer after shipping. Runs just as you would expect and gets smoother by the mile with regular use.

I added Rowe Electronics Amplink (power distribution module) which now powers Skene P3 (rear), and Skene Photon Blaster (front) lights, a USB dongle in my tank bag for charging my iPad and iPhone, the GPS unit and a radar detector. I have three circuits remaining for a 12V air compressor, heated clothing and maybe a heated seat as well.

I am also using Grip Puppies and the AirHawk seat pad for added comfort.

Other than being being very sharp in the Msport colors, it is easily the best all-around single bike I have ever owned. It's fast, allows you to do 85% of the aggressive riding you would ever want to do, and is comfortable to top it off. Go sport riding in the twisties or pack it with bags and go cross country......which i will attempt in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old May 27th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Great bike, 600 mile service does not include brake fluid change so do that. Same for the final drive fluid and engine oil. Yes, lost ibmw.com. Life goes on. I'm hoping all the K bike riders come here and bulk up the original site again. A forum is only as good as the people who contribute.
That1SDGuy likes this.

Mount Vernon, WA.
tire guy, I'll mount your tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the K-Bikes.com - Excellence in Motion forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode